I have been eating medicines for diabetes

Yogibear39

@Daibell ,

My blood sugar levels have also dropped to close to normal after eating medicines for a month and a stricter diet i used to follow ... but after that test my diet was not that strict again .

i am 75 Kg , 170 cm

So i think its probably that diabetes T2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mike D

What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes ?

Hello and welcome @Yogibear39 , here is a link regarding the differences.

Differences between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
We know some people get confused between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. And we’re often asked about the differences between them.
Although Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes both have stuff in common, there are lots of differences. Like what causes them, who they affect, and how you should manage them. There are other types of diabetes like gestational and MODY. But this page is mainly about the differences between Type 1 and Type 2.

For a start, Type 1 affects 8% of everyone with diabetes. While Type 2 diabetes affects about 90%.

Lots of people get confused between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. This can mean you have to explain that what works for one type doesn't work for the other, and that there are different causes.

The main thing to remember is that both are as serious as each other. Having high blood glucose (or sugar) levels can lead to serious health complications, no matter whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. So if you have either condition, you need to take the right steps to manage it.

Type 1 and Type 2 differences
Below is a guide to some of the main differences between Type 1 and Type 2.

Type 1

Type 2

What is happening?

Your body attacks the cells in your pancreas which means it cannot make any insulin.

Your body is unable to make enough insulin or the insulin you do make doesn’t work properly.

Risk factors

We don’t currently know what causes Type 1 diabetes.

We know some things can put you at risk of having Type 2 like weight and ethnicity.

Symptoms

The symptoms for Type 1 appear more quickly.

Type 2 symptoms can be easier to miss because they appear more slowly.

Management

Type 1 is managed by taking insulin to control your blood sugar.

You can manage Type 2 diabetes in more ways than Type 1. These include through medication, exercise and diet. People with Type 2 can also be prescribed insulin.

Cure and Prevention

Currently there is no cure for Type 1 but research continues.

Type 2 cannot be cured but there is evidence to say in many cases it can be prevented and put into remission.

symptoms. They are:

• going to the toilet a lot, especially at night
  • being really thirsty
  • feeling more tired than usual
  • losing weight without trying to
  • genital itching or thrush
  • cuts and wounds take longer to heal
  • blurred vision.
But where Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are different in symptom is how they appear. Type 1 can often appear quite quickly. That makes them harder to ignore. This is important because symptoms that are ignored can lead to diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).

But Type 2 diabetes can be easier to miss. This is because it develops more slowly, especially in the early stages. That makes it harder to spot the symptoms. That is why it is important to know your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. Some people have diabetes and don’t know it. They can have it for up to 10 years without knowing.

[paste:font size="5"]Managing and treating your diabetes is so important. This is because it’ll help you avoid serious health complications. And it’ll play a big part in your daily life regardless of if you have Type 1 or Type 2.

If you have Type 1 diabetes, you’ll need to take insulin to control your blood sugar levels. You’ll also need to test your blood glucose levels regularly. And count how many carbs (carbohydrates) you eat and drink. Counting carbs will help you work out how much insulin you should take when you inject with your meals.

And generally you should be trying to have a healthy lifestyle. That includes regular physical activity and a healthy balanced diet. These will help you reduce your risk of diabetes complications.

If you have Type 2 diabetes, you also need to eat a healthy diet and be active. These things will help you manage your weight and diabetes.

But quite often people with Type 2 also need to take medication. Such as tablets and insulin, or other treatments too. Whether you need to test your blood glucose level like someone with Type 1, depends on the treatment you take. Your GP can tell you what you should do at home.

[paste:font size="5"]The emotional impact of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes

Living with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can sometimes feel overwhelming.

Both types are different but feeling down or anxious because of your diabetes can affect anyone. It is important to understand that a long-term condition can come with an emotional impact, no matter how it has been caused or how you treat it.

If you’re struggling with your diabetes, remember that you’re not alone.

There is lots of support available to you, like our helpline. There you can speak to our highly trained advisers about how you're feeling. And you can also speak to people who are going through similar experiences on our forum. There are lots of things you can do to help yourself and it’s just about finding what works for you.

It can be frustrating to explain the differences between Type 1 and Type 2.

Both types face confusion over what causes the condition and how it can be treated. This will be slightly different whether you're Type 1 or the more common Type 2. Just because something is more common, doesn't mean it is understood.

And while it is emotionally draining to constantly correct people, you should also know that you're not alone. There are many people living with diabetes facing similar questions and struggles, regardless of type. You can reach out to them to give or receive support in the forum and at local groups.

research projects to help transform treatment and care. And to help find a cure for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.

Last edited:

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
If you can join the lowcarbprogram, or something similar, then they have recipes for some Indian meals. When you eat fewer carbs, eg less rice and wheat, then eat a little more oil or ghee and plenty of leafy (green) vegetables.
If you eat meat, then have extra chicken, fish etc, too, if you are vegetarian then not too many lentils as they have carbs but cheese and eggs are good if you don't eat meat.
It is possible, but not so easy to eat little carb but stay vegan (ie no milk, eggs, as well as no meat or fish).

I searched on keto indian recipes and found several site, eg:
https://ketosummit.com/low-carb-ketogenic-indian-recipes/

Yogibear39

@Robinredbreast , TriciaWs

I have to read that a couple of times to understand all of it .

The problem i was facing was that i was studying ,working and i was even parenting a 3 year old at the same time .

The doctor i consulted said , some times the sugar levels can increase due to stress

Few days ago my studies were over .So i am lot more free since the past few days .

This is why i felt like focusing on this issue again .

I think all of this was caused by my sedentary life style which i really want to change now .

I am going to focus a lot on eating low carb diet from now . I also have plans to increase fibrous food .

There was also a big problem , i used to smoke a lot of cigarettes , i have quit that habit 5 months ago .

I read somewhere that smoking can mess up blood sugar levels too .

So i am going to really change my life style once again .

Thanks for all the replies

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some examples of the foods many type twos eat are yoghurt, the full fat kind, nuts, eggs cheese fish all sorts of meat, salad stuff, green leafy things, cucumber radish tomato celery beetroot, low carb veges such as bean sprouts courgette celeriac aubergine, mushrooms cabbage turnip swede - there is no need to go hungry when eating a low carb diet. Fruit can be very sugary, so best keep to those with berry in their name as they tend to be the best option, eaten with cream or yoghurt.

Yogibear39

Reactions: zand

Yogibear39

I just checked my fasting blood sugar levels again and this is my result .

lkLis6z.jpg

Not sure what else to do from this point on wards , but i am happy

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi. Can you also let us know whether you have excess weight or are slim. It is most likely that you are T2 but T1 can't be discounted if you are slim as you are quite young to be T2. If T1 then insulin will eventually be needed. Reducing the carbs in your diet is vital although not easy with Indian meal recipes. The Glimepride will be making your pancreas produce more insulin so should help.

I’m not slim and I’m Type 1 that’s quite an outdated theory.