Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hi all!

Amusing little anecdote for today as I ended up going to see my GP for a bit of a follow up about my blood pressure and another chronic issue I've been having. I told him the results from the endo and I swear he was taken aback and giddy about it all, seeing how I turned my life around and now hitting remission numbers alongside my BP getting pretty much stable too. According to him now my risk factors with all my numbers is around 1.6%, I swear I almost fainted hearing that after all the anxiety and worry that has been hitting me lately.

So yeah! Keeping on trucking, hopefully my referral goes well and thank you all again for your help.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all!

Amusing little anecdote for today as I ended up going to see my GP for a bit of a follow up about my blood pressure and another chronic issue I've been having. I told him the results from the endo and I swear he was taken aback and giddy about it all, seeing how I turned my life around and now hitting remission numbers alongside my BP getting pretty much stable too. According to him now my risk factors with all my numbers is around 1.6%, I swear I almost fainted hearing that after all the anxiety and worry that has been hitting me lately.

So yeah! Keeping on trucking, hopefully my referral goes well and thank you all again for your help.

Honestly, every time I see a post of yours with those numbers 114 and 41 metaphorically side by side, I just can't get over what a changed man you are today from the one who arrived here such a short while ago. You really should be proud of yourself.

It's good to hear you're receiving good food back from your health care team too.

M

Member496333

@Caeseji you're a bit of a community hero in my opinion. Your can-do attitude and willingness to change everything has really turned your life around very rapidly. I admire people who have the gumption to take the bull by the horns and help themselves when it comes to their health and well-being :smug:

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Hi all!

Yee-haw! So pleased for you (and hoping I get similar reactions from my surgery next week!!). Well done xxx

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! A big round of applause from me!!!!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Keep on trucking as you say. To extend the analogy a bit too far, also keep delivering hope to those Gps and Endos who probably need a bit o f inspiration too.
Am setting up a low carb walking group soon so it is always great to hear about positive stories like yours..

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
His flabber was absolutely gasted. As Frankie Howard used to say.

Good stuff.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Well done. I'm jealous. My surgery was all about doing good things till I dropped from 47 to 31. Then zip. Must have been a rouge reading. They would have a fit with your numbers.

With a docs like that and your commitment your on to a big win.

Reactions: bulkbiker

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
upload_2019-3-21_16-39-27.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji just brilliant results. You are a very inspirational young man and always kind and helpful in your posts too I’ve noticed. Best wishes.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DCUKMod I am extremely proud of myself for achieving this and pushing through but it's thanks to those like you that have advised me and encouraged me through so much of this I could never thank you enough. I keep looking back on the numbers and my first posts, not even believing how things have changed. I'm a more positive person now and feeling so much better for all of this.

@Jim Lahey Coming from you, one of the inspirations that I had for taking charge that blows me away to see you say that. I want to make things better for myself for the future and help others along the way too. Thank you ever so much!

@LindsayJane Awwwwwwh thank you! Fingers crossed for you when you get to your reactions you know? Dazzle them all!

@Rachox I bow, I bow! You're an inspiring person too so seeing this made me smile.

@NicoleC1971 You just gotta keep moving forwards and enjoying life, I think some GP's are so used to seeing people just waste away with all of this. He was talking about how so many that are diabetic just come in looking for that magic pill to make them better but was so overjoyed that I had solved it myself without having to beg him for that. That sounds like such a great thing to do I may have to try setting up something like that in my area to raise awareness and I am the same, a good success story warms the soul.

@Listlad Frankie Howard was a visonary honestly with that expression and I was far too amused seeing him double take at me.

@Spl@ Not very fair to you to do a U-turn like that, it makes me a little bitter when GP's react like that to numbers, things like this should be celebrated not hated. I would have loved to have seen their reactions. I do hope things keep getting better for you too!

@carol43 Thank you! Thank you!

@PenguinMum Best wishes to you too and I do try my best, I am paying forward the kindness that you and other forum goers have show to me as well. We can all do great things once we get our minds to it.

Reactions: DCUKMod and Listlad

Mr_Funnel_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been battling weight gain and high glucose readings and relying heavily on insulin. Last year it really got me into a dark day of desperate depression after I found out a much needed orthopaedic operation to partially replace my knees from arthritis wasn't going to happen. With a BMI of 40 and 108kgs I was heavier than I had ever been. I really needed to do something so Weight Watchers was joined online. At least I could do was give it a shot..... This was only in November and by December I had lost my first stone and also experienced some mild hypos. Went for it and stopped taking fast acting and halved background...only had a couple of correction doses since November and weight is down at 90kgs.....that's almost a bag of cement lighter....And my orthapeadic consultant is going to not do replacement but instead an osteotomy on both my legs (one then recover before the other) .... Turns out they're bowed and straightening should get me bearing weight more so on the good portion of the knee....... Why no one thought to check when they did the arthroscopies I had last year is beyond me...but there we go

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s a miracle, @Caeseji .

I stand out in the playground with the mums each afternoon, waiting for the kids to come out. Quite a lot go to Weight Watchers or is it Slimming World. And struggle. If only they knew about LCHF.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have been battling weight gain and high glucose readings and relying heavily on insulin. Last year it really got me into a dark day of desperate depression after I found out a much needed orthopaedic operation to partially replace my knees from arthritis wasn't going to happen. With a BMI of 40 and 108kgs I was heavier than I had ever been. I really needed to do something so Weight Watchers was joined online. At least I could do was give it a shot..... This was only in November and by December I had lost my first stone and also experienced some mild hypos. Went for it and stopped taking fast acting and halved background...only had a couple of correction doses since November and weight is down at 90kgs.....that's almost a bag of cement lighter....And my orthapeadic consultant is going to not do replacement but instead an osteotomy on both my legs (one then recover before the other) .... Turns out they're bowed and straightening should get me bearing weight more so on the good portion of the knee....... Why no one thought to check when they did the arthroscopies I had last year is beyond me...but there we go

I am so glad that ended up being a better outcome for you in the end, fingers crossed that that it a smooth procedure and you can get going again soon!

It’s a miracle, @Caeseji .

I stand out in the playground with the mums each afternoon, waiting for the kids to come out. Quite a lot go to Weight Watchers or is it Slimming World. And struggle. If only they knew about LCHF.

Sometimes a small change is all you need, my Grandma is realising it and here I am gone from 4xl shirts to XXL shirts, I wore a Batman shirt today that I haven't worn since I got it around three Christmases ago!

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Hi all!

I had a similar response from a diabetes nurse when my figures fell from 53 to 40. She still couldn't get her head around a LCHF diet though, even though all my other health measures are vastly improved. I think there must be a little room in the NHS where they brainwash staff, "Carbs are good, fat is bad" etc:wacky:

Reactions: Flora123

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had a similar response from a diabetes nurse when my figures fell from 53 to 40. She still couldn't get her head around a LCHF diet though, even though all my other health measures are vastly improved. I think there must be a little room in the NHS where they brainwash staff, "Carbs are good, fat is bad" etc:wacky:

Feels like they honestly do Clockwork Orange style so they never forget it. I really await them suddenly realising that dietary advice is giving their own children and grandchildren a veritable cocktail of metabolic issues.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are 6 GPs at my surgery so I am going to pick a different one next visit and test his or her flabber too. :D

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Caeseji
Looks remarkably like the forum has a new Superstar.. well done you.
Thanks a lot! It's been down to help from all of you and the support given, I look back at your advice of doing OMAD back when I first posted and how resistant I was but now here I am sitting here after doing just that.