I have spare meters if you want one.

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
:p :p :p Hi all, Although new to diabetes myself, I find myself in the fortuanate position of having spare Blood Monitoring meters. For those of you who are newly diagnosed and have not got a meter for whatever reason. ( I couldn't afford one at the time ) I could send you one to get started on testing ( If you want to test that is ). I have a Caresens N, and an Abbott Freestyle Lite. Both are Brand new and the boxes have never been opened.
I myself use a one touch ultra, which I am very happy with. If your interested , please PM me at anytime. They are free !

C

catherinecherub

I'll bump this up Gratope. Hope you have more luck than I did, I couldn't get any takers. :lol:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If they are still boxed they will have a few strips in them too. Meters are easy to get hold of but strips are not.
May be worth posting a new thread to let those who can't get strips and are new to this game know.

wiflib

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Gratope said:
:p :p :p Hi all, Although new to diabetes myself, I find myself in the fortuanate position of having spare Blood Monitoring meters. For those of you who are newly diagnosed and have not got a meter for whatever reason. ( I couldn't afford one at the time ) I could send you one to get started on testing ( If you want to test that is ). I have a Caresens N, and an Abbott Freestyle Lite. Both are Brand new and the boxes have never been opened.
I myself use a one touch ultra, which I am very happy with. If your interested , please PM me at anytime. They are free !
Hiya gratope, I myself posted a spare one that I had on the diabetes products thread, its great to see you offering these meters to the newbies , have you still got these? I figured it was nice to offer them to folk on here rather than try and sell them on ebay. Anna.x :)

gcummings

Hi,
I would gratefully like to have one of the spare meters that you have offered. If you can advise me of the postage I will send it to you forthwith.

Thanks again
Graham

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I think it's best that people PM their adresses. Don't want to get thousands of junk mail if someone gets hold of your address!!!

ClaireG 06

I don't think newbies can send PM's until they've made a certain amount of posts. I do agree though that information such as addresses shouldn't be given out though. Gratope please can you PM the newbies that have requested meters as i am removing their personal info from this thread. Thank you :D

Gratope

Dislikes
Hi to, gcummings and classy, I have sent you both a personal message, I have two meters so you both get one ! Both are brand new. Anyway read your PM's and go from there. If your not allowed to PM me just yet please ask a moderator to get in touch with me with your address and I will post them ASAP. 8)

Gratope

Dislikes
:? Thanks louiseb, does that mean I cannot get hold of their address until they have been posting a while, seems a shame they have to wait so long for these monitors. Ah well. :roll:

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
the newbies should post this;

i would really like a meter pretty pretty please Gratope

..Each word in a seperate post :wink:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
One of the problems with new members being able to send and receive pm's is A. the amount of spam everyone will get and B. the danger of crank diets being sent to newbies, ie the drink industrial bleach method of control :roll:

If you allow new members to receive pm's you place them a position that is open to abuse.

ClaireG 06

Let's wait and see what admin decide :) I can see where you are coming from Sid but also think it's a shame if newbies can't take up offers like this.

louiseb

ginnylinny said:
Hi
I would like a meter if anyone has a spare.

ginnylinny

I think the person who started this thread only has 2 metersto give away and has already promised to 2 members, however if you directly to the website of Caresens google it, you can request a free meter and they send it out to in the post.

Gratope

Dislikes
:( I bow to the rules of the forum, I will hold the meters here for classy and gcummings. Admin will sort something out I'm sure. I agree with Sid bonkers. The c**p a newbie could get would be horrendous. Cheer up guys. They are packaged and ready to go !! :D

louiseb

sorry I was wrong I stand corrected, newbies can recieve a pm straight away but cant send a pm until they have made 5 posts.