Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I miss my friends !!
Hope everyone is well!!
Guess who’s allergic to avocado lol. Yup...sure am.

Thought you might like to know I just started taking CBD( hemp) oil and holy man have my sugars dropped, too much in fact. I’ll be working that out. Fastings are about 30 ml/dL lower and having a few hypos during the day. Injust started on a low dose so too soon to draw any conclusions but it has so many health benefits I thought I’d give it a shot. I knew smoking pot in high school was good for me lol. Not sure if y’all can get it there. Is it legal or is the US one up on you for the first time haha.

Anyway, I hope everyone is really happy and healthy.

Hotpepper20000

So happy too see you here again.
I live in Canada and we will be legal country wide in October for recreational use.
It’s exciting time for research!!

Reactions: Prem51

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I take CBD oil in UK... not been arrested!!

Available legally just the medical cannabis isn’t currently.

Reactions: Kristin251

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So happy too see you here again.
I live in Canada and we will be legal country wide in October for recreational use.
It’s exciting time for research!!
Hoping I’d see you!! I’m just amazed at how effective it is for blood sugar !!
Lucky you!!! It’s not legal inmy state as far as I know but I’m sure I would have heard about it haha

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Lucky you!!! It’s not legal inmy state as far as I know but I’m sure I would have heard about it haha
Hey Kristin, great to have you back!

Hotpepper20000

It has been legal here for medical uses for a while.
But now there will be more control with quality and different strains.
Our local University has partnered up with grow company for brain injury research. It will will help with consistency for lab tests.
Maybe they can help with preventing the munchies.:arghh:

Reactions: Kristin251

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, @Kristin251 good to see you again :D

I gave your post a hug in commiseration for the avocado allergy :(. That must be pretty traumatic!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It has been legal here for medical uses for a while.
But now there will be more control with quality and different strains.
Our local University has partnered up with grow company for brain injury research. It will will help with consistency for lab tests.
Maybe they can help with preventing the munchies.:arghh:
Lol. Wouldn’t that be great if the munchies didn’t come!

It does seem like it helps tons of people feel better. If someone is in that much pain and ill health why not give them some comfort witha good buzz attached hhaa

Reactions: zand

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, @Kristin251 good to see you again :D

I gave your post a hug in commiseration for the avocado allergy :(. That must be pretty traumatic!
Hey brunneria ! It was at first but if I’m honest with myself I suspected it for some time. I actually feel better without it. Had some testing done and removed the biggest offenders and doing well.
I hear you’re kind of carno? Good for you. I’m on some carno fb pages and find it interesting.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same to you @Kristin251, what a bumma being allergic now to avo's though. :(

Medical cannabis is legal here in Queensland as well.
Hello my friend!! Ah well, ya win some ya lose some. It just made meal planning so easy haha. Really don’t miss it now but would like it occasionally. Not sure how that would work!
I have a great fb friend on a keto/ carnivore group from Queensland. What a coincidence!

Good to see you!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back @Kristin251 - lovely to see you :) - I often wondered how you were doing, shame about the avocado- I feel your pain I used to eat loads of eggs then was diagnosed with an allergy about 18 months ago - found it hard at first but used to it now
Once again glad to see you back, don't be a stranger :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Kristin251 Good to see you back, sorry about the avocado allergy that's a pain, i've never heard of it before either, how did you find out ?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, glad you're back I was missing you too. :) Sorry about the avocado allergy, that's a bummer :(

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great to see you posting again @Kristin251, it's a shame about the avocado allergy. I do remember posting in the Awesome and Amazing Avocados thread that it would keep going, unless you developed an avocado allergy! It is still going, but quieter without you.
CBD Oil is legal in the UK if it contains less than 0.2% THC - the psychoactive cannabionoid which gives user a high.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44534861
There is a big ad in last night's Evening Standard selling CBD Oil.
I had the occasional joint back in my youth but it made me more introverted than I was already.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Welcome Back Kristina..I guess I cannot call you "Miss Avocado anymore" lol How did you find out that you were allergic to it? I tried it 3 times, and 10 mins later I threw up. I was told the same that I was probably allergic to Avacado. It was a relief as I don't like it lol

Reactions: bchabfan

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kristin251 Good to see you back, sorry about the avocado allergy that's a pain, i've never heard of it before either, how did you find out ?
Hi Juicy. Through testing. And as sad as it was I feel much better without it.
People with latex allergies can be allergic to avocado too. I don’t think I have a latex allergy though.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the cbd oil was a flop. Bloated and fatigue bit worst believe it or not I was so hungry!!! Forget that!. Oh well...been there done that. It did seem to help with fasting bs but I’m in range anyway so no biggy.