I need a little bit of support

Sad21+

Hello everyone I hope all is well and you're doing well ? I apologise for not coming on here as much a lot has happened. I will also apologize for constantly trauma dumping and being negative my apologies.
So I hope it's ok that I'll share my issues thank you for reading. It's also a long post SORRY.

I've been unwell for years but the past year it's been a lot.
I've just received some of the tests.
Firstly my blood sugar levels is getting higher. It's 42 now I'm not surprised I've been trying to control it for 4 years and it's not going down. I do low carb no bread pasta cereal etc. Everything is low carb high fibre high protein. And it's 42 I'm fed up and over this. I might ask the doctor to put me on Metformin. I'm saddened because I'm exhausted and hopeless.

On top of that I'm gonna get a scan to see if I have ovarian cancer amongst
inflammatory pelvic disease, liver
cirrhosis, pleural or peritoneal inflammation and endometriosis. My test says cancer antigen 125 abnormal results so I guess that's not good.

On top of that I'm waiting to see if I have gluten intolerance, celiac or Crohn's disease as well.

I'm in so much pain I've been in pain for years but it's worse. I have no one I'm a carer. I feel hopeless and I'm not scared kinda relieved. If its cancer it's an end. I think what hurts the most is how relentlessly painful my life has been and how alone I am. I cannot tell anyone. I made a mistake telling mum and I regret that won't do that again.

I just wanna say thank you all. These past 4 year's I think have been brutal but this community saved me and my mum many times. So I wanted to let you all know this thank you and you're all angels seriously saving lives here.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Sad21+ and I'm so sorry that you are having such a difficult time.

Firstly while cancer would not be good news it certainly isn't the end. Plenty of cancers are treatable, specially if you catch them early enough.

I really hope that some of the tests you are having will allow you to get treatment that relieves your pain.

And bear in mind that illness and stress push up blood sugars so it may be that your (low level) prediabetes is just a symptom of whatever else is affecting you???
(Disclaimer, I am not a doctor, that is not a diagnosis).

Are you able to tell your GP how you are feeling and get access to mental health resources/help?

These forums are a safe space if you want to vent, so please do post and ask for help. It's quiet now because it's the UK night but there should be more people along later.

Lots of virtual hugs.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sorry to hear you are struggling through life at the moment. I am hoping that the list of ailments you posted are mainly due to you scrabbling around trying to find a cause of your pain that you and the doc can hang your hats on, It would be extremently bad luck if they are all ganging up.

As regards the diabetes. At the moment you only have a warning that it may be round the corner lurking, but at the moment you are in a good place to knock it on the head. An HbA1c of 42 is not somentihing to lose sleep over. I have been T2D for over 30 years, with HbA1c above 100 for a lot of that time. Now I have gained control, and its not so bad.

You have started well by low carbing. I will point out that the 'F' in LCHF stands for Fat, not fibre. By choosing natural fats and avoiding industrial seed oils we turn a low calorie diet into a long term lifestyle, so it becomes sustainable (and the fats make food taste nice and filling) I mention Seed Oils because they have been found to be inflammatory, and may be adding to you woes.

I hope you find the support you seek both here on the forum, and from the Health Care people.

Sad21+

Hi @Sad21+ and I'm so sorry that you are having such a difficult time.

Firstly while cancer would not be good news it certainly isn't the end. Plenty of cancers are treatable, specially if you catch them early enough.

I really hope that some of the tests you are having will allow you to get treatment that relieves your pain.

And bear in mind that illness and stress push up blood sugars so it may be that your (low level) prediabetes is just a symptom of whatever else is affecting you???
(Disclaimer, I am not a doctor, that is not a diagnosis).

Are you able to tell your GP how you are feeling and get access to mental health resources/help?

These forums are a safe space if you want to vent, so please do post and ask for help. It's quiet now because it's the UK night but there should be more people along later.

Lots of virtual hugs.
Thank you so much for your comment and kindness . I really needed this and appreciate it.

Yes I'm going to get a scan soon. This will show what happening and I'm still waiting for further tests. Yes I know that whatever is happening is effecting my blood sugar but it's still worrisome. It feels like I have no control.

Thank you for advice on the mental health before I was seeing a therapist and just got discharged a month ago before the tests. I'm going to see the GP soon and ask if I can do it again. I need it. I'm on antidepressants but they don't work like they used to.

Thank you for this I'm always afraid venting in case I drive people away which I have. Thank your for giving me a safe space. Please be well

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone I hope all is well and you're doing well ? I apologise for not coming on here as much a lot has happened. I will also apologize for constantly trauma dumping and being negative my apologies.
So I hope it's ok that I'll share my issues thank you for reading. It's also a long post SORRY.

I've been unwell for years but the past year it's been a lot.
I've just received some of the tests.
Firstly my blood sugar levels is getting higher. It's 42 now I'm not surprised I've been trying to control it for 4 years and it's not going down. I do low carb no bread pasta cereal etc. Everything is low carb high fibre high protein. And it's 42 I'm fed up and over this. I might ask the doctor to put me on Metformin. I'm saddened because I'm exhausted and hopeless.

On top of that I'm gonna get a scan to see if I have ovarian cancer amongst
inflammatory pelvic disease, liver
cirrhosis, pleural or peritoneal inflammation and endometriosis. My test says cancer antigen 125 abnormal results so I guess that's not good.

On top of that I'm waiting to see if I have gluten intolerance, celiac or Crohn's disease as well.

I'm in so much pain I've been in pain for years but it's worse. I have no one I'm a carer. I feel hopeless and I'm not scared kinda relieved. If its cancer it's an end. I think what hurts the most is how relentlessly painful my life has been and how alone I am. I cannot tell anyone. I made a mistake telling mum and I regret that won't do that again.

I just wanna say thank you all. These past 4 year's I think have been brutal but this community saved me and my mum many times. So I wanted to let you all know this thank you and you're all angels seriously saving lives here.
Just wanted to give a hug.

So, yeah. HUG.

Sad21+

I am sorry to hear you are struggling through life at the moment. I am hoping that the list of ailments you posted are mainly due to you scrabbling around trying to find a cause of your pain that you and the doc can hang your hats on, It would be extremently bad luck if they are all ganging up.

As regards the diabetes. At the moment you only have a warning that it may be round the corner lurking, but at the moment you are in a good place to knock it on the head. An HbA1c of 42 is not somentihing to lose sleep over. I have been T2D for over 30 years, with HbA1c above 100 for a lot of that time. Now I have gained control, and its not so bad.

You have started well by low carbing. I will point out that the 'F' in LCHF stands for Fat, not fibre. By choosing natural fats and avoiding industrial seed oils we turn a low calorie diet into a long term lifestyle, so it becomes sustainable (and the fats make food taste nice and filling) I mention Seed Oils because they have been found to be inflammatory, and may be adding to you woes.

I hope you find the support you seek both here on the forum, and from the Health Care people.
Firstly congrats on getting your blood sugar done. You should be well proud. Yes I know it's a warning but it's all too much. My mum was prediabetic one point and now she's type 2. So I know what's to come.

I think we'll it's my fault I've been unwell for the past 11 years But I did nothing I neglected myself didn't care. I think what's happening is my body cannot take anymore hence why I'm getting so much tests because everything hurts and is playing up. Basically it's my fault .plus bad luck is my middle name wouldn't b surprised for whatever coming.

Yes I do fat moderate fat my body cannot handle high fat probably due to gut and digestive issues. I'm reducing seed oils I love salted nuts so they have seed oils. Your right I need to reduce inflammation. Thank you for your advice and guidance. Please look after yourself and be well

Reactions: Oldvatr