I need to know everything about how cannabis can will treat diabetes

Hotpepper20000

Someone was spreading a rumour around that I had been smoking it for the past 35 years - but how could that be - it's illegal and I've been Type 1 for the last 50 years with no complications - so definitely a rumour .... actually in Canada you can only get a medical marijuana prescription for a list of conditions documented by Health Canada and diabetes is not one of those listed conditions. Too bad although apparently Canada is supposed to legalize it by April of 2017 so it will be interesting to see how the medical community handles that.
It was a election promise will be interesting to see how or if they go about it. And where the supply will come from.

M

mist

Of course as Medicine and if it works fantastic. No one should be in pain if there is a solution out there that can help
I know for cancer patients on chemo it does help.

Not for chemo so much, for radiation therapy is helps most. The radiation gave me quite bad burns and stomach pain and the weed definitely helps take the edge off.

I didn't mind the chemo so much.

Hotpepper20000

Not for chemo so much, for radiation therapy is helps most. The radiation gave me quite bad burns and stomach pain and the weed definitely helps take the edge off.

I didn't mind the chemo so much.
Interesting. I guess that makes sense. For a friend of mine it helped with the nausea while she was getting chemo.

M

mist

Interesting. I guess that makes sense. For a friend of mine it helped with the nausea while she was getting chemo.

Yea that nausea is pretty bad, I was treated with chemo and radiation together so I couldn't avoid the nausea. No amount of weed could prevent that..lol

Hotpepper20000

Yea that nausea is pretty bad, I was treated with chemo and radiation together so I couldn't avoid the nausea. No amount of weed could prevent that..lol
Oh wow Mist. I can't even imagine that.
Makes me appreciate your sense of humour that much more.

M

mist

No big deal really. The worst part was seeing all the babies that were dying. I was 15 at the time so was treated on the children's ward.

S

Shar67

I tried the legal vape oil. It was 20% oil
It took several layers off the lining of my mouth, gums bled, tongue swollen and a horrid colour. Other issues that are TMI in relation to lady parts.
People are all different though and the manner of ingestion plays a part.
Maybe using it contradicted with my other meds and that was the problem.
I wouldn't say dont try it as some people find a benefit from use.

M

mist

cheech.gif

Reactions: kev-w

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Ask much as I'm sure it's a load of nonsense, I'm sure I've seen a mention of it on the diabetes.co.uk website somewhere...

I think scuba diving or base jumping would be just as effective at treating diabetes as hash.
I skydive. It is a great reward for being well behaved

pedro1846

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have been advised by my friend to say that they live in California and has Type 2 diabetes

Cannabis doesn't treat diabetes at all.

Some may use it to treat neuropathy problems. Amount needed would be dependent on problem and the person.

Also as cannibis is still illegal to sell in UK, people don't have one consistent source of availability and or strength

CBD oil is available with the THC removed again in different % and different carrier oil%

The reply from my friend : Medical marijuana has been legal in California since 1996 with a doctor’s recommendation for use. Information from the various internet sites state that cannabis will reduce blood sugar levels which will aid in the management of diabetes. Type II diabetes can be controlled by diet without the use of insulin or other drugs if a careful diet is observed. Reduction in blood sugar levels could greatly enhance the management of symptoms like circulation that affects the feet (neuropathy) with numbness and sense of burning. It may also lower other risk factors associated with diabetes according to some in the industry. The exact strains need to be identified that are most helpful to this end. It is understood that CBD in combination with some ratio of THC should be considered (each component cannot work alone but must be in some combination). These percentages and strains are what is needed in order to purchase the right product to start a course of treatment. It is understood that it will have to be customized to the individual. A precise starting place is what is desired. It is also understood that cannabis is not a cure, but will have to be taken regularly to keep blood glucose at a safe level.

pedro1846

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm type 1 with neuropathy and vape cbd oil(which is legal) thc is the illegal bit... I've been vaping for a month and already my legs and feet are no longer pins and needles, shocks every time I walk... none of it is there any more... I've noticed my HbA1c has significantly dropped from 90 to 70 in less than a month too... I'm 26 now and have had type 1 since I was a 3 year old, went through the rebellious stages in life and now paying the price! But now under better control
upload_2016-10-26_10-45-7.png
this is something your friend needs to research a lot first because he/she will have a significant drop in blood sugar levels whilst using cannabis oils... the best ratio for diabetes and/or complications is 1:1 that would be CBD and THC (one part each) I only use the CBD because it doesn't give effect of the "stoned" feeling, just stops the pain! Hope this is of some use to you

I understand the 1:1 ratio, but at what strength?

Vaping is not a preferred method for me since it has done some lung burn.

Would like to use oil drops.

Have oil choices of:

44.62 mg THC : 46.86 mg CBD : 2.66 mg CBN

1. mg THC : 25.90 mg CBD : 0.22 mg CBN

103.13 mg THC : 107.53 mg CBD : 5.88mg CBN

2mg/ml THC : 8 mg/ml CBD

As you can see these choices provide 1:1 but in differing strengths.

One choice gives 1:2 and another choice is 1:4.

How many drops constitutes a dose?

Jay-Marc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cannabis as such at present is not recognised as having any therapeutic value under the law in England and Wales - it was last available legally for medicinal purposes in 1973. Cannabis-based or derived products can however be licensed.

S

Shar67

I have been advised by my friend to say that they live in California and has Type 2 diabetes

The reply from my friend : Medical marijuana has been legal in California since 1996 with a doctor’s recommendation for use. Information from the various internet sites state that cannabis will reduce blood sugar levels which will aid in the management of diabetes. Type II diabetes can be controlled by diet without the use of insulin or other drugs if a careful diet is observed. Reduction in blood sugar levels could greatly enhance the management of symptoms like circulation that affects the feet (neuropathy) with numbness and sense of burning. It may also lower other risk factors associated with diabetes according to some in the industry. The exact strains need to be identified that are most helpful to this end. It is understood that CBD in combination with some ratio of THC should be considered (each component cannot work alone but must be in some combination). These percentages and strains are what is needed in order to purchase the right product to start a course of treatment. It is understood that it will have to be customized to the individual. A precise starting place is what is desired. It is also understood that cannabis is not a cure, but will have to be taken regularly to keep blood glucose at a safe level.

Still doesnt make it legal in UK, cannabis oil has to have THC REMOVED for it to be sold legally in UK. As this is a UK site any one using proper cannabis will not be using it legally. The supplies, strength and manner of ingestion will be different for everyone so information will vary. Supporters of use will always find stats that make it seem a good substance to use. While the naysayers will find stats to say that it causes other issues.

pedro1846

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cannabis as such at present is not recognised as having any therapeutic value under the law in England and Wales - it was last available legally for medicinal purposes in 1973. Cannabis-based or derived products can however be licensed.
As stated earlier, my friend lives in California United States

pedro1846

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Still doesnt make it legal in UK, cannabis oil has to have THC REMOVED for it to be sold legally in UK. As this is a UK site any one using proper cannabis will not be using it legally. The supplies, strength and manner of ingestion will be different for everyone so information will vary. Supporters of use will always find stats that make it seem a good substance to use. While the naysayers will find stats to say that it causes other issues.
This is a UK site but the web is World wide, there are contributors to this thread who are NOT from the UK

Jay-Marc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As stated earlier, my friend lives in California United States
Your first post makes no mention of any country though.

As far as I have seen, the only 'evidence' of the benefit of cannabis that seems to get put forward strictly concerning type 2 diabetes and its control (rather than any complication) comes from anecdotal studies that users of cannabis tend to be skinny and have good sugar control. Since they are a small self-selecting sub-set of the population even in the USA less than 15% (and 2.5 times less than that in the UK) there may not be much to draw from this. I'd welcome being pointed to anything more scientific.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

well I wouldn´t be surprised if it could help in some aspects of all the following deseases that diabetics get along the way... very interesting .... In the USA some research may come out now that it is in the end legal to use and sell for Medical reasons too

but couldn´t people at least eat it instead of smoking it so they do not damage their lungs...