I never feel full?

Glyko

I feel hungry all the time! After I eat, let's say after an hour I could eat again. Anyone experienced this? Any tips?

Does this have to do with insulinresistance (I'm type 2 diabetic)? How many hours between meals is ideal?

I sip on herbal and fruit tea all the time now to curb my urge to eat.

My bloodsugar is 6,5 fasting. So not so Good...
I don't know what to do?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel hungry all the time! After I eat, let's say after an hour I could eat again. Anyone experienced this? Any tips?

Does this have to do with insulinresistance (I'm type 2 diabetic)? How many hours between meals is ideal?

I sip on herbal and fruit tea all the time now to curb my urge to eat.

My bloodsugar is 6,5 fasting. So not so Good...
I don't know what to do?
Up the fats. You shouldn't feel hungry all the time, that basically means you're not eating enough. What does your diet look like right now, maybe we can help. Also, to get the blood sugars down some.
https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- this might help too. Basically, cut the carbs, up the fats, keep protein moderate... And you should be so un-hungry you'd manage on two meals a day. ;)

Reactions: JenniferM55

Glyko

Up the fats. You shouldn't feel hungry all the time, that basically means you're not eating enough. What does your diet look like right now, maybe we can help. Also, to get the blood sugars down some.
https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- this might help too. Basically, cut the carbs, up the fats, keep protein moderate... And you should be so un-hungry you'd manage on two meals a day. ;)

Thanks for the reply!

I eat moderate LCHF... Most of what was said on the website you linked. But I will up the fat content as you suggested. I Think I'm a bit afraid of fats... but I need to eat less frequently as it triggers me to graze and snack all the time. Thanks!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the reply!

I eat moderate LCHF... Most of what was said on the website you linked. But I will up the fat content as you suggested. I Think I'm a bit afraid of fats... but I need to eat less frequently as it triggers me to graze and snack all the time. Thanks!
Go with fats you're comfortable with then. You don't have to eat entire sticks of butter. Avocado, fatty fish like salmon, coconut oil, nuts, olives, hard cheeses... They're filling. ;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the reply!

My experience is that if I constantly want to nibble and graze, and feel hungry soon after eating then a few things are out of wack.
For me, that means my carbs are too high (leading to carb cravings) and I'm not eating enough of the right foods at mealtimes.

So in your situation, I would do a few days trial where I dumped any thought of 'moderate' and went very low carb high fat instead. Consider it an experiment to see if things improve. You can always go back to 'moderate' if it doesn't bear the results you want.

EggsEggsEggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spinach
I eat moderate LCHF... Most of what was said on the website you linked. But I will up the fat content as you suggested. I Think I'm a bit afraid of fats...

When I discovered that carbs spike me. I asked the practice nurse why. She told me that carbohydrates are essential for life and that if I didn't eat them, I would be dead in six months. Completely untrue.

Back in 2007, low carb wasn't so mainstream. If you put in 'low carbohydrate' Google decided you meant Atkins. I found an old article in the New York Times by Gary Taubes, entitled 'What If It's All A Big Fat Lie ?' which was eye-opening. Gary Taubes is great on the scientific stuff to the point where his books can be difficult to read ie total concentration needed. Nina Teicholz of Nutrition Coalition, is an associate professor at NYU IIRC. She's great on fats, has really dug into the history of margarine and industrial oils.

If you watch their lectures on YouTube or a few documentaries about fat on Amazon Prime or Diet Doctor, hopefully you will feel less scared.

As a kid. I was given low fat everything, because my father had high cholesterol and high blood pressure. This supposedly perfect low fat diet didn't stop him getting heart disease and neither did going vegetarian.

I had a real fear of fat and it felt like I was jumping off a cliff, deciding to do LCHF. But my BG dropped 13 points to normal levels. I really do understand. But watch some videos and take it slowly.

Reactions: AloeSvea