I removed my Diabetes type 2 condition in 6 months

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
As diabetics we are all labelled. I have met people who accept that label and the medication that goes with it. Others don't accept it and live a lie, whilst eating and drinking and blindfold themselves from the horrors that await them. The there are newly diagnosed people who face up to the condition and arm themselves with knowledge of doing battle. This was me! In short I spent 6 months taking 1 or two metformin. I went on an NHS course to learn about carbs, cals and discovered risks people are making choices of what they put in there months. I chose to monitor every food substance. I stopped eating pasta, rice, sugar and introduced eggs, lean meats, vegetables fish and seefood. I eat crackers for breakfast and average about 100 carbs per day. Now I have lost 30 lbs went from 87 on my hba1c to 46 then stopped all tablets and my second 6 month test has also come in at 46. I eat lots of nuts, eggs, cereal and all low carb food. I am truly happy and determined to stay in the prediabetes range. I also monitor myself on a regular basis. Thanks RC

Reactions: NoCrbs4Me

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, well done on your progress so far. I also decided to take the bull by the horns after I was diagnosed in may 2016, I cut my carb intake to 40g max per day and my 18 month Hba1c was 34.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news from both of you, well done. So many of us telling the same basic story and such a pity that is not just the first line of attack for all of those with diabetes!

Reactions: Jenniewren1958

bruciebonus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A diabetic has to be determined to completely change their dietary habits for the the rest of their lives, not easy.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done for winning the first battle, now you need to win the war!

Next challenge is getting your AC1 down to the mid-thirties, so that you are not pre-diabetic…..

You know about removing carbs from your diets, therefore you can remove more food that contains carbs and/or increase exercise. The exercises that have been shown to have the most benefits for reducing AC1 are resistance training and HIIT.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just remember your not cured. its still there waiting to bite you if your not careful. you say low carbing but cereal is not that. you could save at least 30 carbs by just switching to omelettes or fry ups or anything else.