I survived the wedding and honeymoon

mrsb2b

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help that you have all given me.

I got diagnosed about 3 months before the wedding out of the blue and was on here non stop asking about how to cope with alcohol and the hen night.

Well just thought I would update you all to say that the wedding went really well we had the only sunny day of August and although it was bl**dy hard work injecting the night time levemir into my stomach under the wedding dress and having to eat a ham sandwich on the way to the reception in order to have champagne it was a small part of the day !

Oh I just remembered the night before I went out for dinner took my insulin and then couldn't eat as I felt so nervous - cue big worrying.

Honeymoon was also great - thanks for all the reminders about the 'physical activity' I only had one small blip when I went low and didn't realise the started panicing about how far away a hospital would be and whether they would actually know what diabetes was as lots of locals didn't. On the up side I took advantage of it and eat a chocolate cake they had made us that I couldn't eat previously. Spent the rest of the honemoon higher than normal but it was the lesser of 2 evils really. Well sort of ....

So my husband really has done the in sickness and in health part now and I have survived which is the main thing.

Thanks again for all your help it has kept me sane (well that is a matter of opinion)

Now on to the next challenge .....

Mrs B x :D

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi MrsB,

Great to hear from you again and I'm delighted you got hitched without a hitch.
All the best, and keep in touch

fergus

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Good news, Mrs B. So now you're in the "happy ever after" phase. May you know God's blessing in your life together.

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations Mrs B2B that was. I hope you will both be very happy together!

Glad to hear all went well for you. It is hard enough to get your head round the changes when you are newly disgnosed but when you have a major "life event" due at the same time it must have been tough.

Take care and enjoy being a newly wed!

Louise

ChocFish

Congratulations Mrs B, so pleased that all went well for you.

All the very best for your future together

Karen x x x

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Congrats Mrs.B guess you'll have to change your user name now! Long and loving happy life to both of you.
ATT7.gif

ATT7.gif

ATT7.gif

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Can you upload some photos, please :)