Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Brunneria ....always the voice of reason. Compassionate and understanding. But able to put things in its place in its most diplomatic way.

@Tipetoo I LOVE YOU MAN

@Snapsy your sense of humor has made my day many times.

@Bluetit1802 , I appreciate your knowledge AND I WANT YOUR PEAS.

@ickihun , I wish you the beat of health and hope your surgery works miracles for you.

I’m sure I’ll lurk as this forum is habit but I disagree with so many T1 ‘s advice I no longer wish to post and be rejected. Just glad I don’t have severe hypos anymore. I wish the best for all other T1’s that rollercoaster. MDI is not easy which is why I’m sure most pumpers fare better with pumps.

Thanks to everyone else for all the good advice and giggles. I ‘got this’ as far as my bg and diet as much as D allows. Bowing out. I’ve been through all stages of D and pumping myself full of insulin and eating junk food is just not my style.

Love the ones I love. Thank you all the wonderful people I’ve met.

And last but not least. ROCK ON AVO!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Thanks to everyone else for all the good advice and giggles. I ‘got this’ as far as my bg and diet as much as D allows. Bowing out. I’ve been through all stages of D and pumping myself full of insulin and eating junk food is just not my style.

Gunna miss you Kristin, you're always good in my books.

Take care with the Avo's mate...

No2D

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@Kristin251

Ohhhhh, Kristin. :( I was just getting to know you. Not fair. Why don't you just come hang out with us TeeTwoers? We all love your company. You said "I think" so maybe you haven't decided 100% for sure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prem51

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have noticed a lot of long standing members leaving. Some have said goodbye and some have just quietly faded out. I have also noticed more and more personal attacks and nitpicking at every little detail of some peoples posts. When I was diagnosed I joined four forums and this was the only one I stayed with because it was so friendly and supportive. That is changing, and for the worse. I hope you will stay @Kristin251 but I certainly understand why anyone would get tired of being torn down every time they try to reach out or help someone. People come here for help and advice and to get different perspectives on a common problem. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. Often said but more and more often differences are not tolerated here. You will be missed Kristin.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will surely miss you too, Kristin; I always find your point of view sensible and practical - and you introduced me to the lovely avocado. I stopped posting ages ago, except for the occasional brief 'welcome' or a word of encouragement for someone's success, though I still lurk most days. Fully understand why you're leaving - these last few weeks have been dire. Please stick around though - even if just anonymously - and pop back in at some stage. I keep telling myself that old proverb : This too shall pass - and hoping that it comes true soon.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Dear Kristin, I had hoped you would cure me of my loathing of avocado. Lurk for a while but don't leave, you have such a great perspective on D that this group will be the poorer without you. Stay well, lass.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kristin251 ,

Who doesn't love @Tipetoo ! :D

It's a shame you feel this way. I was rather taken by the energy & humour in your posts.. :)

I'll scoop an avo in toast to you! :cool: (Toast as in raise a glass, not the carby stuff.)
Nah, I'll grab the vodka instead...

Best wishes.

J>

Last edited:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll miss you @Kristin251 - we are very different but I love your posts and find them friendly and informative- I agree the place is changing- I wrote a great long paragraph just now but deleted it as it turned into a rant and really couldn't be bothered with the backlash

There are lots and lots of great people here who I'm fond of forum wise and the vast majority are wonderful but I too see a change of there's only one way and the forum is losing its balance - please do keep lurking and come back anytime :)

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria ....always the voice of reason. Compassionate and understanding. But able to put things in its place in its most diplomatic way.

@Tipetoo I LOVE YOU MAN

@Snapsy your sense of humor has made my day many times.

@Bluetit1802 , I appreciate your knowledge AND I WANT YOUR PEAS.

@ickihun , I wish you the beat of health and hope your surgery works miracles for you.

I’m sure I’ll lurk as this forum is habit but I disagree with so many T1 ‘s advice I no longer wish to post and be rejected. Just glad I don’t have severe hypos anymore. I wish the best for all other T1’s that rollercoaster. MDI is not easy which is why I’m sure most pumpers fare better with pumps.

And another of the goodies stops giving advice. I am so sad, that a bunch of sad, pathetic and bitter people are causing this to happen. The forum will be much the poorer without you.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I think sometimes it is just our command and us of the English language which creates issues, I for example don't want to always prefix something like "not applicable for all", or "for me", etc. I readily admit that my English prowess is somewhat lacking, so a response from me may come across as argumenentative or even arrogant, when that was not the intention, we all can't and don't have the abilities of Shakespeare or J K Rowling, so those replying to posts that they disagree with, could sometimes take into account the overall meaning of a post.

There is some tension I pickup when T2's talk about LCHF in the context of T1, which for me means I avoid these discussions despite seeing many posts inside and outside of this forum from T1's who follow this protocol in particular Bernstein. I think in context this site leans towards LCHF which accommodates and accepts other protocols, I say this as when there are articles in the "Diabetes News" section, often there is a mention of the low carb program in the footer e.g. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2017...event-type-2-diabetes-worldwide-94481013.html.

It is ok to be corrected, but this can be achieved without offence.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
But what will happen to the Amazing and Awesome Avocados thread now?! :wideyed:
I hope you come back after a bit of a rest @Kristin251, I find it helps to take a break now and then. I don't get involved with disagreements, and just post what I feel like. The forum won't be the same without you. :(

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kristin251
I have personally appreciated your humour and balance. both of these things are vital to any community and I hope you will return:(

I read a lot but don't post very often about things because I had a snippy reply to an early post in which I offered my own point of view.
I am now feeling as though I perhaps need to post more rather than less though.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Kristin251 this was the first post I read this morning, so my day hasn't started very well at all. I feel really sad and am missing you already. Have a break, or a lurk, but please come back when you are ready. Take care, always.

PS. I will send you my peas, but please don't make me eat avocados in return. ;);)

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually I've picked up that some forum members dislike some others and want them off the forum. I have come to this conclusion by watching when certain people post and then seeing the same old members posting negatively in response. It's the same old people and the same old comments and it's bullying. I'd like a yawn emogee thingy because it is so boring. Or maybe their bg levels aren't right so they should test before posting.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually I've picked up that some forum members dislike some others and want them off the forum. I have come to this conclusion by watching when certain people post and then seeing the same old members posting negatively in response. It's the same old people and the same old comments and it's bullying. I'd like a yawn emogee thingy because it is so boring and they must be very sad and pathetic people to get off on behaving like it. Or maybe their bg levels aren't right so they should test before posting.

Hi All,

When you see the behaviour mentioned above by @woodywhippet61 will you please hit the Report button?

As part time volunteer mods we are unable to be everywhere, all the time, but bullying is not acceptable here or anywhere, and we would appreciate it being drawn to our attention each and every time.

@Kristin251 thank you for that stunning accolade.
Your presence on the forum will be missed.
And avocado sales worldwide will plummet.

Reactions: Prem51

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kristin251 . I will be sorry to see you leave. I've always found you to be sincere and helpful.
Mostly I admire the way you offer advice, you always seem to point out that your approach to diabetes is yours and is bespoke and dare I say it extreme. You've got knowledge of what works for you and readily share it with out giving that sense of it being the only option.
And yes you actually did get me " consuming " avocados at one point:).

If I'm one of those T1's you refer to then unfortunately that's the way life is, I'm not here to apologise.
Good luck and genuinely I will hope to see you again.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ziggy has said it all for me!You have been such a good help to many of us so Thankyou Avocado.Not surprisingly I had also thought of withdrawing from the forum for a break.This week has seen a display of playground behaviour from a small number of posters.As I see things,this forums posters should, and mostly do accept our differences.We are all different was emphasised over and over again when I first joined a year ago,never one way fits all.My own way forward has been to combine several ways of dealing with type 2 and experimenting.Hope to see you return Avocado after a break you have always given us interesting posts and emphasised your way was individual to you.Again,Thankyou.

Reactions: Guzzler

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

When you see the behaviour mentioned above by @woodywhippet61 will you please hit the Report button?

As part time volunteer mods we are unable to be everywhere, all the time, but bullying is not acceptable here or anywhere, and we would appreciate it being drawn to our attention each and every time.

@Kristin251 thank you for that stunning accolade.
Your presence on the forum will be missed.
And avocado sales worldwide will plummet.
I've read woodywhippet61's post and have read your response.
Three words leapt out at me ..." negatively ". "sad" and "pathetic "
Surely reporting someone for being sad and or pathetic is a highly dangerous route for the forum to follow. Who is in a position to make a call on what constitutes sad / pathetic?
As for negativity...... I'm no electrician but surely negative and positive are essential for electricity. Hence having a different opinion to someone else on the forum is what makes it a forum and not a chat room. Negativity is surely only an individuals perception on a subject with which they have a different perspective and viewpoint.
If every time we hit the report button for any of the above I feel you and all the other mods will have a full time job on your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.