I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes but then....

Paul88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and was injecting insulin 3/4 times a day, given a freestyle libre 2. Blood levels spiking to 19 and even sometimes 17 upon waking up.

But people at my church prayed for me and now I haven't had no insulin for 7 days and my sugar levels are normal. Even after a meal today at a restaurant my levels are normal without insulin. Jesus Christ has healed my pancreas and can heal anyone who calls upon him in truth and seeks him with all their hearts. He is a miracle working God!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But people at my church prayed for me and now I haven't had no insulin for 7 days and my sugar levels are normal. Even after a meal today at a restaurant my levels are normal without insulin. Jesus Christ has healed my pancreas and can heal anyone who calls upon him in truth and seeks him with all their hearts. He is a miracle working God!
I don't wish to diminish your trust in God and prayer, but it would be good to keep in mind that a honeymoon period is not unusual in newly diagnosed adult T1's.
During this honeymoon period our pancreases still produce insulin, sometimes more, sometimes less, and it happens fairly often that someone can go without insulin for a while after initially needing insulin.
This happens to atheists as well as religious T1's of all denominations.

So please keep testing your blood glucose regularly to make sure you'll catch any changes, should they happen.

No matter how things progress for you, it's wonderful to have a community behind you, and you seem to have one with your church. That's definitely something to cherish.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To preface my comments-I am writing this as a avidly practising christian who does believe in miracles.

While I believe that miracles can and do occur I also believe in science and medicine. I believe that God uses doctors and medical professionals to assist us in our health.

First of all please read what @Antje77 wrote.

Second I have had a number of health issues in my life including asthma as well as type 2 diabetes. While I have been prayed over for health, what has actually put my diabetes and asthma into remission has been going very very low carb. I do believe that God assisted me in finding this site and the amazing people that helped and supported me when I was first diagnosed with diabetes but I also believe that if I go back to eating more carbs my asthma is likely to return and my diabetes will definitely return.

I look around my faith community and see many many people there with a deep and profound prayer life suffering with ill health. While I believe God can heal anyone I also believe that generally God respects the laws of science that he created. It is these very laws of science that allowed scientists and doctors to come up with treatment for many illnesses including diabetes.

Please please keep checking your blood glucose regularly.

Please also respect that others may not share your beliefs and this site is a resource for all irrespective of their faith.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

Like @Antje77 I am happy that you have a supportive community but I would be very careful about assuming that you are now cured. We have had a number of T1 members post that their insulin needs have gone to zero while on "honeymoon".

There was also a study of T1s in Scotland where a (very small) number were found to be T2 or MODY instead of T1 and several came off insulin altogether.

biochemmama

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Like @Antje77 I am happy that you have a supportive community but I would be very careful about assuming that you are now cured. We have had a number of T1 members post that their insulin needs have gone to zero while on "honeymoon".

There was also a study of T1s in Scotland where a (very small) number were found to be T2 or MODY instead of T1 and several came off insulin altogether.
Do you have that reference? This is one from Turkey. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi...uMg_doFNpfBhnUl3hAZCJv3ypPuvieS1bLz640jcLoZQM

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and was injecting insulin 3/4 times a day, given a freestyle libre 2. Blood levels spiking to 19 and even sometimes 17 upon waking up.

Hi.

Another Christian here.

Agreeing whole heartedly with @VashtiB & the others who are more knowledgeable on T1.

Big believer in "God helps those, who help themselves"

And most of that is just learning what impacts us, in any illness.
And how much effect we can have on it & what can medically been done to assist control.

All provided, if you believe by the creator.

Keep your faith, but do keep checking as advised.

Stay well.
Best wishes.

Miriam_len

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi, I had a similar experience almost 5/6 years ago. After 15 years of type 1 I've got a "weird inner moment" and after that, for a week, my insulin need dropped to the 10% (90% was supplied by the body). After that week things came back ad "usual". How are you now?