I wonder if anyone call help?

m1dpq

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great lot.. Jazz, People who think they are better than others..
I am wondering if anyone can tell me why as a Type 2 diabetic, that the following is happening ???

a. I am suffering with Chest Infections on a regular basis?

b. I know that i have a shot to bits Immune System, could this be caused by T2 Diabetes or something else?

c. Along with the not so normal and normal, medical problems that i have at present and have had for quite some time (Birth), Does anyone feel that as T2 & T1 Diabetics that it seems as though the NHS seems to have dismissed us under the carpet when it comes to treatment ???

D. Does anyone else suffer the same problems with their T2 Diabetes ???

Thanks

M1dpq

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You don't say whether you are on any medication for your T2 and whether you measure your blood sugars. I'm not aware of diabetes adding to chest infections other than when you have blood sugars above normal it does increase the risk of any infection. Also, I'm not aware of T2 causing damage to your immune system. Yes, the NHS can't cope with the number and complexity of diabetes patients. The real expert diabetes GPs are the exception rather than the rule and most of us have learned to 'handle' our local surgery as best we can and to maintain our knowledge through this forum and the web in general.