If I continue to eat bad and suffer with RH, will overtime it make me become diabetic possibly?

Kpop7

If I continue to to eat things I really shouldn’t, will it possibly lead me to type 2 diabetes? I take chromium everyday and it’s seemed to helped, but I still eat kindof bad and love caffeine. I’ve been having a lot of bad blood sugar moments because of this. A lot of feeling bad from drops too even if I’m not low. Probably a dumb question but I thought I would ask anyways . Thank you !

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
What do you mean by 'bad blood sugar moments'?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If I continue to to eat things I really shouldn’t, will it possibly lead me to type 2 diabetes? I take chromium everyday and it’s seemed to helped, but I still eat kindof bad and love caffeine. I’ve been having a lot of bad blood sugar moments because of this. A lot of feeling bad from drops too even if I’m not low. Probably a dumb question but I thought I would ask anyways . Thank you !

Yes!

It's not a dumb question! Not if you don't know and need to know what you are dealing with.

What happens is when I was misdiagnosed with T2.
Because my control and I thought a healthy diet, full of carbs and sugar indirectly, my hba1c and fasting blood levels were abnormally high and I got all the symptoms similar to when diagnosed by a GP.

This was because of the excess insulin created by the overshoot. High circulating insulin is not recommended, it will cause ill health and symptoms will get worse.
Uncontrolled rollercoaster blood sugar levels, which I did have for many years, led to mental issues such as brain fog, forgetfulness, memory loss, anxiety disorder.
I don't remember special occasions, certain things, to give you an example, I don't remember my wife's fiftieth birthday, our twenty fifth anniversary and some of my grandchildren parties. It is just not there, since diagnosis I can remember distinctly each of them. I read a lot, and I know that I read the genre of books of authors that I'm interested in. When I reread them, it was like reading for the first time.
Another reason is mainly the normal activities of life, such as driving. If you get diagnosed with Hypoglycaemia, and you get hypos, you should not drive, because you can become disoriented or in a worse case scenario go into a coma if you go too low.
Have you ever fell asleep, unintentionally, and your not tired? You wake up and are drowsy , not sure what has happened?

You do have to take this serious, not just for your health or your life, but for those who won't be aware and could suffer from you having a Hypoglycaemic episodes.

If you don't get control you may get T2, or even worse!

Keep safe

edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

hi and welcome :)

No one can say what will happen to you in the future. However, RH episodes are hard on the body, causing both emotional and physical stain, which may (sooner or later) impact on your health in various ways.

Over the years I experienced fatigue, depression and a whole variety of symptoms including slowly rising blood glucose levels until I eventually had readings at a diabetic level. During all that time I was eating low carb and attempting to reduce the number of RH hypos. Yet I knew that I could try harder. Once things had escalated to T2 levels I clamped down harder and went keto, then gluten free, and my RH has virtually disappeared. Which delights me. Really wish I had done it much earlier, but the knowledge simply wasn’t available back then.

So, in answer to your question, you are young and have many decades ahead of you. You may well find that by getting control of your blood glucose now, and keeping that control, you will have better health and a more enjoyable life in those future decades.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
hi and welcome :)

No one can say what will happen to you in the future. However, RH episodes are hard on the body, causing both emotional and physical stain, which may (sooner or later) impact on your health in various ways.

Over the years I experienced fatigue, depression and a whole variety of symptoms including slowly rising blood glucose levels until I eventually had readings at a diabetic level. During all that time I was eating low carb and attempting to reduce the number of RH hypos. Yet I knew that I could try harder. Once things had escalated to T2 levels I clamped down harder and went keto, then gluten free, and my RH has virtually disappeared. Which delights me. Really wish I had done it much earlier, but the knowledge simply wasn’t available back then.

So, in answer to your question, you are young and have many decades ahead of you. You may well find that by getting control of your blood glucose now, and keeping that control, you will have better health and a more enjoyable life in those future decades.

Thanks @Brunneria for amendments in my post.
You do seem to look after me!

Hope to find you well.

Keep safe