Illnesses

diondom12

Am type 1 diabolical and have been near 30 years this year I've been suffering a lot of hospital visits thru night mainly with 2 strokes hypos severe I also have renal failure due too diabetes now I'm feeling like I've had enough of this disease and getting too stage am not interested anymore is there anyone else who feels like giving up and is it only minor setback

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I admit to feeling like that sometimes and I haven't got any complications to contend with!!

I have already got a DNR on my life, Will and everything sorted out.

I also have very different thoughts to the majority of persons. I have no wish to have treatment if I get cancer etc. Others would have full treatments to keep going. I wish just to have palliative care only.

I have had DNR's and Wills etc sorted out for years. I have reminders so that I know when to go to GP to get them renewed every 2 years. The only trouble is I have just found out that the DNR at my GP is not registered at the hospital.. I know their computer systems do not talk to each other but I didn't realise that the GP did not forward this to my hospital!!

So yes..in a way... I feel like that but I do care about my health now (and previously) to try to keep healthy.

I think you are going through a **** hard time physically and of course this is naturally going to impact on brain thoughts too.

I was told at diagnosis 30+ years ago that I would be lucky to get my medal at 25 year with diabetes (even harder now they don't give-ir make you buy the medal till 50 years now!) so I guess this stayed in my thoughts and being logical I have always thought of what happens to my family and ben prepared for complications.