I'm feeling really down

P

paula.nolan42

@paula.nolan42 - Sorry to read you are a bit down today. We all have them sooner or later - mine is also today so you are not on your own! But, as the others have all said: You have done fantastic, and in just 3 months too! :) And why can't you have the odd coffee in Cafe Nero as a well earnt treat? We on here are all one big 'adopted family' - so anytime you feel you want/need to let off steam, just go ahead. We are here to support each other in whatever way we can.:)

Thank you Liam1955 - one of the things that I am afraid of, is if I have one (one coffee or one cake or one whatever) I will want more and more, I'm very much an all or nothing person, an open packet is an empty packet. :hungover: But, I know what you mean, however I am just afraid it will start an avalanche !

I hope your day has improved ;)

Reactions: 4 people
P

paula.nolan42

If any of you are ever down this way, let me know and we will go to the cafe I found today in Brighton :joyful:

Reactions: 9 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wish I lived a bit closer, that cafe sounds fab and by the smile on your photo I think we'd have a good laugh! So pleased your day improved :happy:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
First put your situation into perspective. You could be waking up daily to worse than 7 mmol/l. For a long time anything less than 15 mmol/l used to be a good day for me. If you are finding it hard to motivate yourself then see your GP if you think you have metabolic problems that can cause lethargy (probably your diabetes is making you fatigued) or clinical depression. I took antidepressants for years and no longer take them but they did improve my thinking and did their job. Try and seek help, nothing worse than being in a rut.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I did try some antidepressants but did not think they mixed well with my diabetes tablets as my stomouch was terrible and would wake me up in the night with terrible pain soon as I stopped taking them it was fine again

Reactions: 2 people

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really struggled at the thought of giving up lots of favourite foods but it has become second nature now and I don't even think about it anymore. Things taste great and I can eat many foods I have spent my life avoiding, like cheese and cream, nuts and cooking with olive oils, food tastes richer. I looked at receipies to make low carb versions of some favourite foods and you know what, I like some of them even more than my old favourites. You sounds as if you gave already done the hard work and decided to make changes, and you are already seeing the benefits and more will come, just give it time.
This weekend, I went away with my husband, a few months ago I struggled with food on the go but with a bit of planning went armed with chicken portions with a dip, nuts, cheese and my flax seed crackers, and a bit of 85% dark chocolate, I had a feast. The hotel breakfast buffet provided natural yogurt with berries, bacon, sausages, eggs, tomatoes, cheeses, smoked salmon..........I was full, low carb does not need to be boring!
Good luck, everyone here has helped me so much over the past few months and we are all here to support each other. I am sure you will be fine. You are doing great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people