I'm not hungry, how to make myself eat?

skal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right I'm on day 6 of the plan and have completely lost my appetite. I know this is no good and I need to eat but how can I make myself when the idea of food disgusts me... I am about to make a bulletproof coffee to get some fat in...

M

mist

I don't think you can make yourself hungry. Maybe look at food p0rn like chocolate cakes or something..

skal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha,I'll try. Just gotta hope I don't then head out for cakes....

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Right I'm on day 6 of the plan and have completely lost my appetite. I know this is no good and I need to eat but how can I make myself when the idea of food disgusts me... I am about to make a bulletproof coffee to get some fat in...
Would that I had that problem!:hungry:

Reactions: skal

skal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is "the plan"you're into ?
LCHF. I'm purposefully staying away from baked goods and sweet things for at least the first two weeks. I've just had a bulletproof coffee and a flax cracker with cheese

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there are certain circumstances where we need to take food with meds, or because of med doses, but other than that, if you ain't hungry, don't feel you HAVE to.

Lots of people report reduced appetite on LCHF, and the only way I think that would be a problem would be if weight loss isn't needed. Our bodies are astonishingly self regulating, provided we aren't stuffing them with addictive junk food, and messing up the self-regulation with prescription drugs (or recreational ones ! ;) ).

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbity

skal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I may be a bit paranoid admittedly. Being hugely overweight and traditionally looking to eat for most of my waking hours, it is very alien not to be gunning for a food/ carb fix.
I'll just let things settle and see what happens...

Reactions: daisyduck

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm very overweight too and if I'm not hungry I don't eat now. I well remember that feeling of expecting to feel hungry when I really wasn't, I quite liked it tbh :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I may be a bit paranoid admittedly. Being hugely overweight and traditionally looking to eat for most of my waking hours, it is very alien not to be gunning for a food/ carb fix.
I'll just let things settle and see what happens...
In that case if you're not hungry then don't eat.. fasting (not eating) is really good for us Type 2's so if your body is saying don't feed me then maybe it needs a break from food processing. I fast quite a lot sometimes for a few days and get my best blood sugar readings when I do. Also bullet proof coffee has a lot of fat so keeps you feeling full for ages which is why its such a great thing for weight loss.

Reactions: Wheels66 and skal

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I'm very overweight too and if I'm not hungry I don't eat now. I well remember that feeling of expecting to feel hungry when I really wasn't, I quite liked it tbh :)
Plus which when doing LCHF you tend to feel fuller for longer (since you are longer having the up and down spikes caused by the high carbs), and of course fat is more filling (yum yum coffee with real cream has been such a revelation!)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think we should ever feel obliged to eat just for the sake of it, so if you don't feel like eating, don't.:stop: As already stated a bit of fasting can be good for us, and if you're overweight, there's no harm in living off your personal fatty larder occasionally.

Robbity

skal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think we should ever feel obliged to eat just for the sake of it, so if you don't feel like eating, don't.:stop: As already stated a bit of fasting can be good for us, and if you're overweight, there's no harm in living off your personal fatty larder occasionally.

Robbity

Well I've never been said to have a fatty larder before... :wideyed:
It is quite interesting though, my food has totalled today of a bulletpriof coffee, 2 pieces of flax crackers with butter and cheese and then had some tapas at La tasca. :woot: Gamba pil pil without the bread, olives and their meatballs plus some grilled pimentos. No rise in blood sugar 1 or 2 hour after.:joyful:
In the evening I had 8 sugarfree sweets and some berries and cream. Now feeling totally stuffed. Will have a few macadamia nuts next to the bed for wake up time:D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've never been said to have a fatty larder before... :wideyed:
It is quite interesting though, my food has totalled today of a bulletpriof coffee, 2 pieces of flax crackers with butter and cheese and then had some tapas at La tasca. :woot: Gamba pil pil without the bread, olives and their meatballs plus some grilled pimentos. No rise in blood sugar 1 or 2 hour after.:joyful:
In the evening I had 8 sugarfree sweets and some berries and cream. Now feeling totally stuffed. Will have a few macadamia nuts next to the bed for wake up time:D
sounds great. I didn't eat anything until tonight.. bag of pork scratchings, bit of cheese and a few macadamia nuts followed by about 5 raspberries with double cream.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you had to mention berries and cream, didn't you?

Drooling at the thought.

Off to the fridge now...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just normal double cream for me. 3 raspberries, 1 strawberry and 2 blueberries. Divine. :wacky:

Curt12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm just the same I can't eat as I don't feel hungry do you think it could be side effect of metformin