I'm so SICK of diabetes

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But that big Dia companies don't want the cure is found :bored: Maybe that's why we're still struggling with that injections, strips....... Just business Nothing personal :greedy:

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Do not disagree at all DD..... but is there any other condition which has "spread" like this? It needs a lot more money thrown at it and NOT at the expense of other research.

Mike :)

Well I guess cancer has as well... I know there's improvements percentage wise for some forms of cancer but things like pancreatic cancer is still quite significant as these are really progressively terminal.

I actually consider carbs to be more harmful than obesity for diabetes and think that unless the whole populations of our countries can adopt different life choices of food that the human race is going to be having diabetes spreading uncontrollably. However that is just my thoughts and not researched in anyway!!

Young children being advised to have 230g of carbs a day is huge. I know of an 11 year old advised to eat this. Nobody ever looks at any other aspect of fat, protein it's all excesses of carbs.

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I understand that ....... but i don't buy into conspiracy theories. If I did, you could not print what I'd do to 'em

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Well I guess cancer has as well... I know there's improvements percentage wise for some forms of cancer but things like pancreatic cancer is still quite significant as these are really progressively terminal.

I actually consider carbs to be more harmful than obesity for diabetes and think that unless the whole populations of our countries can adopt different life choices of food that the human race is going to be having diabetes spreading uncontrollably. However that is just my thoughts and not researched in anyway!!

Young children being advised to have 230g of carbs a day is huge. I know of an 11 year old advised to eat this. Nobody ever looks at any other aspect of fat, protein it's all excesses of carbs.

Agreed DD :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That said, governments should throw a LOT more at this because the spread of diabetes is (almost) out of control.
There appears to be a very simple way - change the recommended diet. It's T2 that seems to be increasing at a rate of knots, and a lot of it has to be diet related.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
There appears to be a very simple way - change the recommended diet. It's T2 that seems to be increasing at a rate of knots, and a lot of it has to be diet related.

Agreed as well :) Time to crack down methinks regardless ? Where there's a will .....

SpikeThacker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been type 1 for 12 years now and I'm 23 years. I'm just soo sick of it now that I've literally stop caring about it. I really need to get back on track and could really use some support. It's really unfair that I have to be stuck with this condition for the rest of my life.
don't let this take control of you..............unfortunately we are stuck with it. talk to your family and doctor about it. please don't let it get the better of you, otherwise the consequences will result in hospital treatment of some kind (we both know that)....................i found out the hard way that i had T1 be being in DKA for 1 week, and believe me, having been there, i never what to go there again......and hypo's aren't too clever either are they..............so go and talk to someone in person and get some of that physical emotion going, as you don't get that online. that should bring the perspective back.

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Feel for you amina, your not alone as you can see with all the great comments on your thread, we all get the same feelings, diabetes is a downer. One thing i've learnt is that we can either go under or fight it and going under is not an option. It 100% messes with your emotions and life if you let it. I've been where you are and know you have to take the positive mind set and that is half the battle. It may not be for all our lives there are people working on cures but we have to keep positive. Dig in and look after yourself no one else will. :) get the right food, go raw if you have too, get on it, investigate, be pro active. :)

Reactions: 5 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
But that big Dia companies don't want the cure is found :bored: Maybe that's why we're still struggling with that injections, strips....... Just business Nothing personal :greedy:

One thing i do know for sure is all the major supermarket chains sell foods that are toxic, with out any concern for us at all and the big pharmos are making all the big dolla

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeannie87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Borrowed time? Definitely Not.. @dan12321 it really sounds as if you are really struggling...

Diabetes is not the end of the world....sure its not as simple as your friends.... Look at the above post from @jed who has really lived....

I really suggest you look around and talkto either health people about your difficultys and glumness..your abilitys are the one that makes you or breaks you.
I agree So much .....diabetes isn't the end of the world. There are far worst things to suffer from. But again every diabetic is unique. No single diabetic has the same experience. But I have always tried to prove I am as good as anyone else and I can do anything - diabetes does not define me. And an optimistic attitude despite sometimes not feeling like it, is paramount to keeping on top of it all.

Jeannie87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree So much .....diabetes isn't the end of the world. There are far worst things to suffer from. But again every diabetic is unique. No single diabetic has the same experience. But I have always tried to prove I am as good as anyone else and I can do anything - diabetes does not define me. And an optimistic attitude despite sometimes not feeling like it, is paramount to keeping on top of it all.
having just re read my post .....I maybe did come over as a right smug know it all.....and if I did, sorry, sometimes you write something and when you read it back it really sounds pompous ....What I was trying to say, and also should have empathised too with the original poster on here Anima .....of course I sympathise with how you are feeling. I get many days like that. And feel the same. But I really try to be positive, as hard as that maybe sometimes when the insulin doesn't seem to work as it should despite counting the carbs and all that stuff. There is never a day off with diabetes, so I just get on with it, and try to stay positive. Ok one day it's all wrong, but try to think that was one day, hopefully the next day will be better! It is hard as you and you alone are in charge of your condition, and I have made many many mistakes over the years, sometimes ones that frighten the life of me when I think back. I really hope you can get back on track and feel better about it all. I've been there and it is a horrible pit to be in. I've managed it through thick and thin for 43 years, and have lived a fun and happy life, with three kids aloNg the way. It is soooo much better now than In 1972 when I was diagnosed, the glass syringes and vile long needles of varying quality for a start. And no blood testing just urine testing which as a teenager I never used to do. So goodness knows what it was all doing to me back then I hope you soon feel more optimistic x

Reactions: 3 people

Jeannie87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
having just re read my post .....I maybe did come over as a right smug know it all.....and if I did, sorry, sometimes you write something and when you read it back it really sounds pompous ....What I was trying to say, and also should have empathised too with the original poster on here Anima .....of course I sympathise with how you are feeling. I get many days like that. And feel the same. But I really try to be positive, as hard as that maybe sometimes when the insulin doesn't seem to work as it should despite counting the carbs and all that stuff. There is never a day off with diabetes, so I just get on with it, and try to stay positive. Ok one day it's all wrong, but try to think that was one day, hopefully the next day will be better! It is hard as you and you alone are in charge of your condition, and I have made many many mistakes over the years, sometimes ones that frighten the life of me when I think back. I really hope you can get back on track and feel better about it all. I've been there and it is a horrible pit to be in. I've managed it through thick and thin for 43 years, and have lived a fun and happy life, with three kids aloNg the way. It is soooo much better now than In 1972 when I was diagnosed, the glass syringes and vile long needles of varying quality for a start. And no blood testing just urine testing which as a teenager I never used to do. So goodness knows what it was all doing to me back then I hope you soon feel more optimistic x
Going to be totally honest here.....I am new to this forum, but recently a neighbour who I know slightly but not very well, has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. I am sadly watching not only his physical deterioration but all the adjustments being done to his home to make his life easier. Hey, just google MND, it makes me think diabetes type 1 no matter how blessed irritating it is, is just a doddle to MND, really thankful tonight,and counting my blessings. I have always been glad to be alive, and even more so tonight, I may have not survived if I was born 100'years ago, but the future is bright, enjoy life and be happy ️xx

Reactions: 5 people
G

gemma6549

Going to be totally honest here.....I am new to this forum, but recently a neighbour who I know slightly but not very well, has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. I am sadly watching not only his physical deterioration but all the adjustments being done to his home to make his life easier. Hey, just google MND, it makes me think diabetes type 1 no matter how blessed irritating it is, is just a doddle to MND, really thankful tonight,and counting my blessings. I have always been glad to be alive, and even more so tonight, I may have not survived if I was born 100'years ago, but the future is bright, enjoy life and be happy ️xx

Couldn't agree more, I was only talking about MND with my husband earlier and saying I'm so fortunate to have diabetes, it's manageable and doesn't restrict my life. I've never once complained about it or wished I didn't have it.

I consider myself very lucky

Jeannie87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my experience everyone has something medical they have to deal with, just lost another acquaintance to cancer, started with a melanoma, then a sarcoma, rare cancer of the leg, and then it spread everywhere, she died a week ago only late 40s, and two lovely daughters teens to early twenties. It really made me think when I was going through my own dark night of diabetes stress. I've actually never met anyone who doesn't have a medical issue as they get older or when they were young. I have a nephew who has extreme allergies, aspergers and excema, so who is to say at his young age of 21 what is worse. I have pals with IBS, which debiltates them, no one is free of medical probs, so let's be happy at least if we try really hard we maybe can do okay as diabetics, type 1. Despite all the irritations x

G

gemma6549

In my experience everyone has something medical they have to deal with, just lost another acquaintance to cancer, started with a melanoma, then a sarcoma, rare cancer of the leg, and then it spread everywhere, she died a week ago only late 40s, and two lovely daughters teens to early twenties. It really made me think when I was going through my own dark night of diabetes stress. I've actually never met anyone who doesn't have a medical issue as they get older or when they were young. I have a nephew who has extreme allergies, aspergers and excema, so who is to say at his young age of 21 what is worse. I have pals with IBS, which debiltates them, no one is free of medical probs, so let's be happy at least if we try really hard we maybe can do okay as diabetics, type 1. Despite all the irritations x

Definitely, my brother died of cancer 3 years ago and then my best friend just a year later. He was 48 and she was just 29 and left behind a husband and 6 year old daughter and he left behind a 3 year old son.

It was caring for both of them that inspired me to take better control of my diabetes.

I'm 29 now and have lupus, diabetes, neuropathy, arthritis and suspected Crohn's/ulcerative colitis but none of them really get me down. I'm still here and I'm really grateful for that. There are so many people for whom life is far less easy.

I just wanna look after myself so I'm strong and healthy enough to help look after others.

Reactions: 7 people

Jeannie87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Couldn't agree more, I was only talking about MND with my husband earlier and saying I'm so fortunate to have diabetes, it's manageable and doesn't restrict my life. I've never once complained about it or wished I didn't have it.

I consider myself very lucky
We think alike!!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
However we may feel - Diabetes will still affect our blood sugar levels .
Best and easier to accept this is the case with Diabetes .
Keep positive and focus on keeping the levels down .

To give up or give in is a harder route and journey .
Then its so much harder to return to tackling the issue 'again' .

There are many persons far worse off than us .
Terminal illness or severe disability .
Am grateful and ever thankful regardless of my diabetes .

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I think I have said this before but anyway I always look on the positive side and think what harm I may have caused myself without type 1 diabetes, over eating,over drinking,lack of exercise. It has made me look after myself and understand a bit more about how our bodies work, everything for a reason a!