I'm stopping testing

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat the same food all the time and been keeping a record of my numbers before and after food and they are almost the same daily , the only change is the morning numbers for some reason i am over 7 when wake but it levels out during the day and never goes high, so I am only going to test once a week to keep a check.

anyone else do this ?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Just an idea but your strips may go out of date if you are using just one or two per week so keep a check on the dates.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do once a day and it works for me, though this week has been a roll a coaster.... stress is fairly trashing my FBGs..... :arghh:
Not sure if I've ever had a 7..... What ever works for you.

Reactions: Shas3

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I rarely check nowadays, but when I do it’ll be a number of checks over a single day.

I agree, constantly checking and getting the same results is pretty pointless.

Reactions: jjraak

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do once a day and it works for me, though this week has been a roll a coaster.... stress is fairly trashing my FBGs..... :arghh:
Not sure if I've ever had a 7..... What ever works for you.
Well I am still early days although I've been type 2 for nearly two years, i did get my numbers down to 53 last year , then with a lot of stress and family tragedy I didn't eat right and it shot up to 105 ,I decided on LCHF and within 11 weeks it dropped to 59 . The morning 7.5 is a recent thing but then after my breakfast its in the low six's and around four in the afternoon well under six.
Strangely the only time it rises to 7.5 is when i walk after a meal , if i don't walk it never goes over 7 .
I'm not worried about the numbers and so that is why i am going to only test once a week , unless of course i eat something different or feel any different.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t test at all @Charis1213 . I was never advised to. Except here on the forum.

My GP has kindly agreed to an HbA1c every 3 months for the time being to keep a check on me, to help keep me on the straight and narrow. In fact it was his suggestion.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I am still early days although I've been type 2 for nearly two years, i did get my numbers down to 53 last year , then with a lot of stress and family tragedy I didn't eat right and it shot up to 105 ,I decided on LCHF and within 11 weeks it dropped to 59 . The morning 7.5 is a recent thing but then after my breakfast its in the low six's and around four in the afternoon well under six.
Strangely the only time it rises to 7.5 is when i walk after a meal , if i don't walk it never goes over 7 .
I'm not worried about the numbers and so that is why i am going to only test once a week , unless of course i eat something different or feel any different.

Your info shows you are Insulin dependent T2, it's outside my knowledge base so am loath to discuss, so will ask the question, how does that work for a T2 or is your LCHF been good enough for you to drop it In?

D

Deleted member 308541

I decided on LCHF and within 11 weeks it dropped to 59 .
When I started on LCHF and started to take Metformin two and a half years ago, my hba1c was 58.4. I got my levels down into the high 30's after three months, I have since got that down to a string of 34's.

I test six times a day, and will continue to test when I find the result of last hba1c (hopefully another < 34) on Wednesday, when I am asking my GP for me to stop taking Metformin to keep control of my T2.

obB4VJc.jpg

Reactions: Charis1213

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I started on LCHF and started to take Metformin two and a half years ago, my hba1c was 58.4. I got my levels down into the high 30's after three months, I have since got that down to a string of 34's.

I test six times a day, and will continue to test when I find the result of last hba1c (hopefully another < 34) on Wednesday, when I am asking my GP for me to stop taking Metformin to keep control of my T2.

obB4VJc.jpg
Hope all goes well , let us know .

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

obB4VJc.jpg
Very nice. What happened in early December 2017? How come the drop after that? Okay, just seen it. Medication. Consistent too.

D

Deleted member 308541

Very nice. What happened in early December 2017? How come the drop after that? Okay, just seen it. Medication. Consistent too.
I take a couple of 500 mg Metformin one in the morning at breakfast, and one at night at dinner time.

D

Deleted member 308541

Do you expect the readings to go up after you drop the Metformin?
They will probably go up a bit, most people I seen here say that their fasting readings went up.

Only way for me to find out is to stop taking them for a three month period and see how I go.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They will probably go up a bit, most people I seen here say that their fasting readings went up.

Only way for me to find out is to stop taking them for a three month period and see how I go.
Nice.

Yeah I have just dropped 1 out of the 4 BP meds. So down to 3 now. See how it goes.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat the same food all the time and been keeping a record of my numbers before and after food and they are almost the same daily , the only change is the morning numbers for some reason i am over 7 when wake but it levels out during the day and never goes high, so I am only going to test once a week to keep a check.

anyone else do this ?

Hi,

You're listed as insulin dependant. Do you drive?? You're legally obliged to test prior to getting behind the wheel & every two hours during vehicle operation. You will have aknowledged this understanding of agreement when filling out & signing the DIAB1 form with DVLA.

Be advised.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Charis1213

Your profile says you are diet only. Some people that have answered you think you are insulin dependent. Have you checked the wrong box for the type of treatment/medication you are taking in your personal details on profile settings?

Reactions: jjraak and hankjam

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

anyone else do this ?

i would say @Charis1213 , that in the early days it is of the utmost importance to test, so you get a feel for how your body reacts to certain foods and while you steady the ship, so to speak with your new way of eating.

But, as you rightly point out, your now comfortable with your foods and BG level.
so i'd say that not testing so often is right for you.
the one day and a series of tests, should replicate everyday events so i would imagine give plenty of early warning if things start to change metabolically

Good call, and best wishes going forward.