Inadvertently reversing T2D??

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
exactly what is the insulin resistance test? What will it show? Unfortunately, I live where i cannot even choose to self fund tests but must talk some doc into giving me a prescription for one.

My understanding is that if there is no insulin resistance the insulin resistance number is one and therefore a number greater than one indicates some level of insulin resistance. I'm not sure if all GPs are even aware of this test and although it's not something I need, it does provide some indication of how good or bad my insulin resistance is. In my case, in January last year, the number was 2.4, in October, after following a VLCD the number had reduced to 1.7.

I'm now in week 4 of a VLCD and I hope to continue until the end of February at least. I'll have another test done then.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best i can manage is finally learning to swim @ 62 and using my own gym and doing my 14k steps daily.
Learning to swim at 62 is AMAZING!!! I was lucky enough to learn when I was 6, so I can hardly remember what it was like NOT to be able to do it. Well done too for the 14K steps. I quite often fail to do so many, although that is my official target.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm having my regular check at the end of February and will also go for insulin resistance and c-pep blood test at Geneva Labs (self funded). Just to see how things are progressing.
Are Geneva labs actually in Geneva? I'd be interested in having my insulin resistance tested.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Are Geneva labs actually in Geneva? I'd be interested in having my insulin resistance tested.

Strange, just checked the paperwork which I only got today (Tuesday), the address is still Wimpole Street, London but it's now called the Doctor's Laboratory.