Increased BM

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got my reading down to 15 but terrified to eat anything! Some nurse me ( well it is mental health that I have done for 43 years)I had blood taken for HBa1c test today. Had Granola and Greek Yogurt for lunch and weetabix for breakfast. Having a baked potato with cheese for tea. Is that going along the right lines?
No as others have said. Granola usually contains loads of sugar and is a carb anyway. Baked potatoes are not good. Weetabix is just about OK if only one.
BTW there is an outside possibility that you have been mis-diagnosed and are actually a LADA but having excess weight works against that. If the BS doesn't come down with the low-carb diet then discuss that with the GP.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@oorbrian stress certainly raises my numbers, poor sleep likewise, and I read on here that being sick will do it too....I’m really sorry about your being off work now. Adds to anxiety.
I have been focusing for myself on simply getting my numbers down- my “do or die” HbA1c second appointment is middle of next month. After that I can play with which foods can and can’t I eat. Until then, can’t afford it.
But you’ve got nothing to lose, so give this way of eating a try!

oorbrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Panicked today as my readings were between 22 and 15 all weekend. Got a emergency appointment. HBa1c over 110! Starting on Gliclazide 80mg. And statins! Reading down to 10.2 tonight and that’s before the new tablets. Also given a monitor test strips and lancets. All on repeat now so wasted money on my new machine. Thanks for the dietary help it got me through the crisis. My sleep has been horrible due to a trauma I was involved in as a nurse. Not something I can put on a website but believe me it was a biggy . DN thinks this has forced the crisis

Last edited: