Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess this question is for those who have controlled bg or as some would say ‘reversed’ or ‘in remission’

For those who lost quite a bit of weight through diet and exercise did you insulin sensitivity increase?

Are you able to eat more carbohydrates than before? I know everyone with diabetes is different and some people can’t really eat many carbs at all, but my cousin was diagnosed with type 2 a few years ago, he was obese and lost all the weight through diet and exercise but he said he now can eat more carbs than before as long as it’s not the refined stuff. He can eat the odd sweets and chocolate and have no affect to bg, (he probs has a small chocolate bar once a week)....obviously he know if he ate rubbish and carb all day like he did before he know his diabetes will ‘come back’ (out of control) but now he seems to eat a very balanced diet with out restrictions too much, and he not on medications

So I’d love to hear how maybe your experience with food.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Only just put myself on the road to remission myself but if I am honest I wouldn't want to go back onto carby stuff so much. Might be tempted here and there but I'd rather manage this for life and feel better for it. Problem is with T2 is that even if you have the insulin sensitivity back? You're still working with a pancreas that is quite frankly battered by the abuse it's gotten. I'd rather not overwork it again, I've already hurt the poor mite I am going to give it lovely TLC from now on. Everyone is different though really so I'd say to work with what works for you, always keep an eye on that meter!

Whitmarsh

Nice to see someone get your glowing results without meds and not have to go keto or LCHF as you get almost 50% from carbs and 150g to 200g carbs daily. Exercise plays a big role and your low IR. So many need to go keto or very low carb to see your results and even then they cant get your level of glucose control. after all the holy grail of losing weight, getting near normal BS, optimal metabolism, reduced IR, and reduced visceral fat in pancreas and liver is to treat carbs as the demon right up there with tobacco smoke and carcinogenics and live with as few as humanly possible.