lhawksfield

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
feeling angry and like a horrible person :(
Hi there,

I recently had a planned miscarriage at 21weeks (about 2months ago now) and since then my insulin needs haven't dropped as expected but increased. I am still carrying an extra 10lbs of baby weight but I'm also struggling with the grief and depression as well as an underactibe thyroid. Could this be me becoming insulin resistant? I am also takin Prozac, thyroxine, vitamin B complex and B12 and I've been T1 diabetic for 25 years.

Thanks.

Reactions: KB1978

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @lhawksfield sorry to hear of your grief, sounds like you are having a hard time at the moment. I don't think it's possible to accurately predict how long it will take for your hormones to settle down, 2 months isn't that long, also with the weight gained too would mean that your insulin requirements would of increased, have you had a blood test recently for your thyroid ? Getting the right level of thyroxine is important for keeping this in check. I too have an under active thyroid and I know when the dose hadn't been right that it has affected my control a lot so balancing the 2 is important for better control. Sending you a big hug, here if you need a chat.