• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Nicola! From my perspective you are overdue! (My first was born at 30 weeks and that was nearly 30 years ago.) You'll both be fine. Not long now - this is so exciting! :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
All the best Nicola, wont be long now. I had my now teen at 33 weeks and aged 42. so If I can do it, it will be fine for you ( youth on your side) :)
So exciting, I can't wait to hear your news, take care, with love and best wishes.
Deep breaths and think of the wonderful little bundle of joy that you will be holding and cuddling very soon :)

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
@ohitsnicola, hope everyting goes great and we get a happy picture of a happy mum & child on here soon (hint hint)

Ash2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @ohitsnicola, I've just been through a very similar experience to you except I had pre-eclampsia. I was admitted at 32 weeks, given the steroids. They hooked me up to a sliding scale but only when they seen the rise in BGs which was about 12 hours after first injection. Until then my pump was doing a grand job.

I delivered a baby boy weighing 6lbs last Saturday at 33+1 weeks. At that gestation most babies require a bit oxygen so is in neonatal. Prior to delivery my obgyn arranged a visit to the neonatal unit so I knew what to expect and also arrange a pedestrian to come and talk to me to explain what additional help my baby may have required. This was invaluable so if your ob could arrange something like this for you it does help settle the nerves.

Good luck and feel free to message me if you need to chat about it but you and baby are in the best hands. Xx

Reactions: 6 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
best wishes from me :)
pics soon :):cool:

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @ohitsnicola, I've just been through a very similar experience to you except I had pre-eclampsia. I was admitted at 32 weeks, given the steroids. They hooked me up to a sliding scale but only when they seen the rise in BGs which was about 12 hours after first injection. Until then my pump was doing a grand job.

I delivered a baby boy weighing 6lbs last Saturday at 33+1 weeks. At that gestation most babies require a bit oxygen so is in neonatal. Prior to delivery my obgyn arranged a visit to the neonatal unit so I knew what to expect and also arrange a pedestrian to come and talk to me to explain what additional help my baby may have required. This was invaluable so if your ob could arrange something like this for you it does help settle the nerves.

Good luck and feel free to message me if you need to chat about it but you and baby are in the best hands. Xx

Congratulations @Ash2014 hope you're both doing well xx

D

Deleted member 83869

Hello currently on the ctg now and then waiting for doctors to come out of theatre so that they can give me the propess induction! If that doesn't kick start anything within 24 hours then it will be a c section tomorrow which I'm really hoping it isn't as I'm dreading a c section! Xx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck Hun hope the induction works and all goes smoothly xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello currently on the ctg now and then waiting for doctors to come out of theatre so that they can give me the propess induction! If that doesn't kick start anything within 24 hours then it will be a c section tomorrow which I'm really hoping it isn't as I'm dreading a c section! Xx

Are they going to use the Syntocin drip too?

If you're able to and you've been told it's ok, try to keep active as it can help :)

D

Deleted member 83869

Are they going to use the Syntocin drip too?

If you're able to and you've been told it's ok, try to keep active as it can help :)
I'm not too sure! They mentioned that yesterday but that was when they was talking about the slow process of Induction....this time they said If nothing works then c section tomorrow xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not too sure! They mentioned that yesterday but that was when they was talking about the slow process of Induction....this time they said If nothing works then c section tomorrow xx

Ok :)

They'll do what's best for baby and you :) All you need to do is relax and look after yourself XX

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi @Ash2014 congratulations. Hope you are doing ok. I had preeclampsia too and it's not nice my daughter had to goto special care.
@ohitsnicola hope you are doing ok Hun x