Injecting in my car - funny

joelcam

Hi,

Just wanted to share this with you.

I was injecting in my car today in an Asda car park, as I was about to eat some lunch in the car then drive back to work.

I heard a knock on my window just after putting my gear away and there was an old lady asking me to open the window, which I duly did. I then for a minute assumed I may have accidentally parked in a disabled spot but then realised I wasn't as I was confronted with "You ought to be ashamed of yourself doing your drugs like that in broad daylight". I replied along the lines of "No, love this is insulin I am a diabetic - I have to inject before I eat". Which she countered with "Really, where your food then, I think I'll go and see the security guards". I was then not so polite and I told her what I thought of her as she was walking off. Really annoyed me. I then realised she may have been referring to my crack pipe and 12 inch joint I had just finished rolling. (Obviously the last sentence is untrue but this was a funny lunch time!)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Wow! Really? I wouldn't have let it go at that...

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha ha, love it. People like that aren't worth getting angry about!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I understand you reaction but I also think she was very brave! Imagine what could have happened if you really had been a junkie on a short fuse!

Viv 8)

Fallenstar

Just an old busy body with nothing better to do.

I'd have told her to mind her own bees wax :lol: It may have been said in a more "exasperated:wink: " manner if she had caught me last week :lol:

moonstone

I had a similar experience when first diagnosed - injecting in a loo in a pub - this girl was banging aggressively on the door telling me to hurry up so I said I'd be out soon but it was going to take a minute because I was just injecting insulin. She went totally nuts, calling me all kinds of names ("you NASTY girl" came up a lot), nothing I said would shut her up, she said she was going to get the police... I was fed up, so I said "Go on then." Then I finally mentioned the word 'diabetes' (I'd tried 'insulin' several times and it had so far not worked) and she instantly started grovelling for my forgiveness. And when I came out of the cubicle she made me agree that she was a really "big person" for saying sorry. True story.

Herbie72

Fantastic story! Have not had that yet, thankfully, but bet it happens more often than you'd think. Nosey old cow :lolol: