Injecting to belly

Ausra

Hi guys. Has anyone have other places to inject rapid rather than belly? My one needs some rest. If I inject to butt will it make insulin absorbtion slower than it should be? Or if I inject to arm , will my sugar levels drop too fast? Please share your experiences

Reactions: 2 people
G

gemma6549

Stomach or thighs generally. I use my bum for slow acting or larger doses. Just alternate frequently as I find I easily get lumps build up in my thighs so don't use them much anymore.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey, when I used to inject i did bolus in my legs and basal in my stomach, my basal was quite a large dose so I found it better in stomach as I would get lumps on my thighs so kept them for my small doses of bolus, didn't seem to effect bg which ever I used, never injected in arms or bum so can't comment on them :) x

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
download_zpsjoccynng.jpg

I use above for fast acting and bum for long acting :)

iHs

On once daily injection, it was my legs. Twice daily, it was my backside for the larger injection in the morning and the upper arms for the smaller injection in the evening. Basal/bolus was backside for the basal so that it would work slowly and the arms again for most of the bolus. I only ever used my tummy for the bolus if my bg was a bit high which wasnt too often. Thankfully, I can insert infusion sets in my tummy ok because of that

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
In winter, when exposing thigh or tummy to inject would mean doing a striptease (and probably empty the restaurant, cafe, train carriage) I find it easiest to push clothes aside and inject into my upper arm or even outer shoulder. It doesn't seem to make a big difference to insulin action time.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the stomach for Bolus to be fast-acting. I use the thigh for Basal where speed doens't matter.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Prob 95% or more of my injections and sets have benn my beautiful bum for 30+ years. No lumps or bumps.

Jenny08

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Advised at dafne training that you can do it in thighs but not if you are going to do physical exercise as this would affect the absorption of insulin. I use the area just above the buttocks and also reach round to the sides (love handles area). Was also told not to go too close to the tummy button area.