injections ??

Hi everyone , ive been diabetic for 9 yrs , as from Monday last , 3 days now , I am on 6 units per day of insulin -lantus , as I am also on Victoza 1.8mg for last 5 yrs on a daily basis I am asking where is best place to inject the insulin , I alternate sides of my stomach for the Victoza so can I also in roughly the same area inject the insulin , I do have a beer belly " but don't drink beer " so theres plenty of meat to find a spare place to target ha ha ha , they didn't give me a suggested area except to say in your tummy , so appreciate any imput , cheers Mozz

D

Deleted Account

Did you know www.diabetes.co.uk is more than just this great forum?
It is also an amazing library of diabetes information which is really easy to navigate or search.
If you go to the home page, you can find some great articles which answer your questions and more.
For example, this page tells you about injection sites.

I thoroughly recommend taking a look around this under-utilised resource.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Lantus is usually injected into your thigh.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
I have been using lantus for almost 2 weeks now I inject once a day in the evening.

I started on the far right side of my tummy (about in line with a couple of inches under my belly button) the next night move about 2 inches to the left, the next in the middle right under my belly button (around a couple of inches below it) the next further left, and the forth night to the far left. The pattern looks a bit like a large smile under your belly. Then start back on the far right and start over again.

I am amazed how little it little hurts... the finger pricker gives me more pain than the injection in my tummy by far.

Po

D

Deleted Account

Lantus is usually injected into your thigh.
That is not what I was told.
I was told it could be injected in your thigh or any of the recommended locations.
I very rarely use my thigh because it does not have enough fat.
Also bear in mind movement speeds up absorption so the thigh is not great if you are about to go for a long walk or run.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm old school & remember the glass syringe'd days of injection sites mapped out on the thighs.. Like a butcher's cut diagram.?
Regarding Lantus, I still use my thighs. Varying the site. I also find "pinching up" helps.

I use my stomach out of convenience for bolusing with my aditional fast acting (novorapid.)
Oddly, for me correction dosage with novorapid in the thigh using the same technique, brings my bloods in line within a 2 hour window.

I feel you need to experiment with different injection sites & find your own. :) It's not always set in stone..
But as always when stepping outside the "usual" with insulin. Please keep a close eye on monitoring your blood sugar levels.
I would suggest with Lantus keep fast acting & slightly longer acting carbs to hand, incase that low creeps up?

Good luck!