Innocent Smoothies

TOSH1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I have been diagnosed with type 2 and would like to know if drinking a pint of Innocent strawberry and banana juice, with carrot sticks during lunch at your desk is advisable. Someone mentioned that innocent still has sugar.

I am currently experiencing dizzy spells and feel as if my heart is going to burst.

Thanks

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Loads of sugar in that Tosh1, I would recommend drinking plenty of plain water and going for a walk if at all possible!

If it really was a pint, then that's about 50g of carbohydrate in the smoothie and another 15g in carrot sticks - which is roughly what I would aim for in a whole day.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would say those particular brand may not be good for the blood sugar in terms of spiking.........

you can test and see the effect, that's the best weapon you have........

Reactions: 2 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't touch any carton juice, veg, smoothies however they package it, it all becomes a not so innocent crime scene where my glucose levels are concerned.
I can make my own from a very small amount of fresh berries with full fat milk & Greek yoghurt.

TOSH1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Thanks to all that replied, Now drinking a pint of water and also a black coffee with no suger

I will stop drinking Innocent at work now, but did not think that carrot sticks had sugar and were bad for you for lunch. I recently had my annual diabetic eye test and and that is why I have increased my intake of carrots. I think I am really really struggling on what I can eat and what I should be eating.

Thanks for all the replies

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could snack on some nuts or cold meat or cheese all are low carb options.

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since getting my glucose levels under control my eyesight has improved, the t.v is less fuzzy, distance is better. High glucose levels will damage your eyesight, eating carrots will not correct it. If you properly manage your condition, it is surprising all the other noticeable benefits that follow ;)

jmparkview

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tomorrow, go out for a walk at lunchtime and buy a banana and a box of strawberries (and if you can bear it, a small pot of plain yoghurt). Eat the banana, share the strawberries with your colleagues. Eat your share of the strawberries with the yoghurt.

You will be entitled to feel very pleased with yourself, as you'll have consumed far fewer calories, which will be absorbed even more slowly thanks to the yoghurt, got some exercise, and made your colleagues happy. And no boring carrot sticks!!!!

Well done for losing all that weight!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Be careful with bananas they send my BGS into orbit. Test and see
CAROL

Reactions: 4 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You need to worry about all carbs including carrots. I wouldn't touch the juice drink as it will be very high GI and cause big spikes. Bananas are usually a big problem for us. I occasionally have one but am aware that they have a big high-GI carb load.