Insulin novarapid levemir

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
So 1 unit of insulin drops blood sugar 2-3 mmol ok, why is it I use that method my sugars are highish but when i do 1 unit of insulin drops blood sugar by 1 my sugars ars are brilliant.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So 1 unit of insulin drops blood sugar 2-3 mmol ok, why is it I use that method my sugars are highish but when i do 1 unit of insulin drops blood sugar by 1 my sugars ars are brilliant.

Everyone is different, so you may need a different amount to what others need, also, when higher 1 unit may have less effect, i know it makes less of a difference to many when higher.
Also it'll be the novorapid you use for corrections - but you mentioned both it and levemir in your thread title.

Edit also note that Novorapid can take its fine old time for some, when I was still on it it could take 4-5 hours at times

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaffer type 1

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

If 1 unit dropping BG by 2-3mmol was the standard for everyone then it might be a mystery, but as you have discovered it doesn't.....

corrections can vary throughout the whole day....

I have a few different strengths programmed in to the pump, 1.5, 1.7 and 2.0...........

you need to test the strength of your corrections to ascertain the true sensitivity....

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Gaffer type 1 I concur with @Rokaab and @novorapidboi26 on this. I have a few different corrections set into my pump for different times of the day. Also if my BGs are above 15 then the amount changes as well.
We are all so very different and you will need to find your own corrections out. Good luck

Reactions: urbanracer