Insulin overdose

Clairebear87

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
On 28th April My sister took an insulin overdose. My mum found her unconscious and struggling to breath we believe this to be 8-12 hours after the overdose had been taken. At the time we had no idea what had happened and the paramedics believed it was a bleed on the brain. My sister was in a coma for 4 weeks and was not able to breathe without assistance. Within them four weeks we were told she would not survive as her brain was severely damaged and parts were dead. Since then she is breathing all on her own, moving around the bed tossing and turning constantly and just crys and wails. She is very much in a brain damage state. It's very disheartening to see. We have been told that the brain damage is so bad that they don't believe she will be any different to this has anyone else suffered from this before or know anything as to whether she will get better.
Thanks

Claire

Sent from my SM-G925F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Clairebear87
I think that all we can all do right now is hope and pray for a good outcome for your sister.

Reactions: 8 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Clairebear87 Just sending you, your sister and your family all my best wishes.

She proved the doctors wrong once and I'm praying she can do it again and improve. XXXXX

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Clairebear87 Sorry to hear about your sister, wishing you and your family some good news at this difficult time and hope there is a positive outcome, best wishes x

Reactions: 4 people

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Claire, hope you sister pulls through this difficult time. I will pray for you and your family so please know we are thinking of you.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum