Insulin Pen Case

SjoerdvanOver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear readers,
I'm curious about which insulin pen case you use. Currently, I have the standard version of Novo Nordisk that is covered by insurance. However, I wonder if there are cases that might be more convenient to use and even more fashionable. I would love to hear your responses! And I hope we can help each other out.

Kind regards!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @SjoerdvanOver and welcome to the forums.

I travel light and usually don't bother with a case at all , I just shove a couple of spare unused needles in the bottom of my handbag with my pen.

If I'm travelling to a hot country I use a frio bag to keep my insulin and my pen cool.

Reactions: Charlotte73

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I carry my pen in my pocket, if I’m travelling away from home I have a small zip up bag which I take all my medications in.if I order a new pen it comes with a case , I have quite a few of them in a cupboard somewhere.

SjoerdvanOver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @SjoerdvanOver and welcome to the forums.

I travel light and usually don't bother with a case at all , I just shove a couple of spare unused needles in the bottom of my handbag with my pen.

If I'm travelling to a hot country I use a frio bag to keep my insulin and my pen cool.
Hi @EllieM thank you for your response. I have always used an insulin case because I think it is easy to keep everything together (the needles, both my short term insulin and long term insulin which I inject before sleeping). The advantages for me are that I can carry it in my pocket (although it could be smaller) and It keeps the needles together.

I don’t carry a handbag and I like to be able to keep my needles and insulin closeby, for example when I leave the house/office for 3-5 hours. That is why I prefer to use a pen case.

So I was wondering if anyone knows alternatives for the ‘standard’ NovoNordisk case. Preferably one that does not look as ‘medical’ but does have the same perks such as the elastic bands that keeps the insulin tied to the pen case.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So I was wondering if anyone knows alternatives for the ‘standard’ NovoNordisk case. Preferably one that does not look as ‘medical’ but does have the same perks such as the elastic bands that keeps the insulin tied to the pen case.
I never use the elastic bands, I just throw my pen and a handful of needles into the NovoNordisk case.
But if you like the bands and a less medical look, what about visiting your local Action and have a look through the school/crafting supplies? You might find just the type of etui you like for only a couple of euros.

There's also this small Dutch company that does pen cases aimed at diabetics, you might like those: https://www.prikkedief.com/

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
If you look in the diabetes uk Balance magazine I think they have a few adverts for various aids bags etc and they do catalogs which I am sure I've seen carrying cases .