Insulin Pills?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Let's hope they can make taking insulin easier.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hmmmmm, need more info about the dosages that’ll be available. They may or may not make taking basal easier, especially for those who sometimes need to make adjustments. I’m T1 and really don’t mind injections - they’re painless and just a part of life - they mean I live too.

Reactions: Cumberland

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The dosing will be the issue.......most of us type ones calculate our doses with precision, so a pill might not do the job as effectively.....

If they could coat the insulin molecules in some kind of substance that broke down as levels increased and vice versa, that might be better...

D

Deleted Account

Hmmmmm, need more info about the dosages that’ll be available. They may or may not make taking basal easier, especially for those who sometimes need to make adjustments. I’m T1 and really don’t mind injections - they’re painless and just a part of life - they mean I live too.
I was wondering the same thing. Would we end up having to take multiple insulin pills equivalent to a unit of insulin for each meal? Measuring in liquid form would be much easier but I guess you can't wrap liquid in a protective coating like a pill.