Insulin Pump Insurance Company.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can your friend not put it onto their household insurance? Ours is on the household insurance and it co-incided with the annual renewal so I shopped around. Our premium now for pump included on household insurance is lower than the monthly premium of our old household insurer. We're with Axa Insurance.

iHs

It's extremely expensive cc. Household contents insurance is the best way to insure pumps. I use AXA and they were very reasonable.

C

catherinecherub

Thanks for the replies.

We read the "5 Good Reasons" on the website and after what they wrote about Household Insurance not being reliable etc.... I thought I would come on here and ask.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I've never needed to claim so I can't verify how reliable they will be if a claim is needed. But I have spoken to them on the phone and told them exactly what the pump is, it's value, where it goes (everywhere) etc. Some other insurers didn't want to know what it was, just to give them a total value of all the valuable items I needed insured, not itemising them. I didn't go with those insurers because I wanted the insurer to actually know about this single item with all details so they can't say they didn't know about it.

C

catherinecherub

He is going to phone his Insurance Co. tomorrow and see what their stance is on this. Thanks guys.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just read the site, five good reasons. Just wanted to add that I think Animas would provide us with a new pump very quickly. I know they will provide us with a spare pump when we go away on holiday so that a replacement is already to hand if our pump is lost or damaged. Not sure about other manufacturer's policies. Our pump is definitely insured away from the home, it would be pointless otherwise, but I have heard other people here say that their insurer will not insure away from the home.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm with AXA too, and for less than £70...

I think that the insurance companies are pretty much on a winner here for the charges they are making.... How many of us could actually have their pump stolen? How many of us could actually lose their pump?

I can do some pretty daft things, like forgetting where I have put my remot control (and wish I could programme it to find it!!!), but the most valuable thing I have in my life (besides my hubby and dogs) is my pump.....

I take more care of it than anything else...I think they are all hugely overpriced.....

Also, please note that (I don't know with insurances)-whether companies have to be registered with any offical bodies such as the FSA..Financial Services....I have seen from another website that it was an ex insurance person with a pump that has set theis service up-and I DO NOT know whether all aspects of financial laws in UK are covered.......probably...but this aspect I haven't had opportunity to find out at the moment....

My quote from AXA for a years insurance on top of my household insurance was less than the sum mentioned earlier.....although, AGAIN...with montlhly payments the Insurers MUST advertise what their admin and interest rates are......