Insulin resistance reversal on Newcastle Diet

Begonia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you all for your very helpful replies. Does anyone have a link to the original research paper from Prof Roy Taylor (I presume he will have set out his reasons for hypothesising that an 800 kcal a day diet would work) ? I've tried googling for it but can't find the research paper, just reports about it.

Begonia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Update: I've found the paper on Newcastle University website. Hopefully I'll understand it and be convinced that losing fat from the liver and pancreas will do the trick even without such a drastic calorie restriction as 800kcal per day ! (I don't have much weight to lose)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Losing fat from round the pancreas and liver does work - I've done it - but as soon as I came off the Newcastle Diet (the Blood Sugar Diet version) the fat came and found me again and my BGs went back up. From what I've read Prof. Roy Taylor of Newcastle University has a theory that everyone has got their own personal fat threshold and if you go below that your pancreas and liver start working properly. Have a look here ->> http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2014...e-for-type-2-diabetes-remission-94193162.html

Reactions: Fleegle