insulin vials

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hello everyone

when u order ur insulin vials for ur pump how many do u get in one go i just picked up our first prescription and there was 10 10ml vials seemed abit excessive im sure i wont use them that quick or am i wrong and we will fly throught them??

anna marie

sugar2

This happened with me...first time. they then reduced it to 2. I think it was a glitch becasue you have moved from say, getting 10 pen cartridges, to vials. It was almost like it registered the bottle change, but not the number. I now get 4 vials...as we don't have all that much space in teh fridge.

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
oh ok i was there when the nurse ordered them and i had a feeling she said 2 so when there was ten i was abit shocked looks so much when u consider Dylan will only be on 0.3 per hour plus bolus amounts lol. maqy be different next time altho i dont think i will be ordering for a while

anna marie

jopar

I have 2 vials a time, and this lasts me about 3 months ish.. I'm a bit like Dylan has my basal between 0.2-0.6 per hour and I'm not a large carb eater so don't use a lot for my bolus..

It does seem that your sugery has changed your script from cartridge to vials, just check that they is plenty of expriy date left and the should be fine, and the next time you at the doctors ask for it to be reduced to 2 or 3 vials instead (always handy to have a spare vial in fridge just in case you need to change vials for any reason)

I can remember the entry error when I used to use, vial and syringe for injecting, my insulin was changed which brought up a computer glitch... As what every surgery tried to do when it came to printing out my prescription for insulin did so in masses amount, started out with 10,000 vials, managed to reduce to 1,000 finally smallest number achievable was 100..

It was the chemist who picked it up, and asked were did I want the lorry to deliver my insulin too :lol:

The chemist was very good, and would adjust it to the right amount 1 vial at a time lol

Hazza

We get 2 vials at a time although we have only ordered once and ended up with 2 precsription with various items on and both had 2 vials of novo so we ended up with 4. We still have 2 in the fridge so won't need any untill we go on holiday mid February.
Lily is on basals from .16 in the morning .20 in the afternoon .26 evening and from midnight .20.
She normally goes to bed at 8.30 ish with a bg of 5 - 7 and wakes up wit a bg of around 5 so we are happy with that.

Harry