Insulin

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating...........

Its a 5 day educational course that teaches you how to adjust your insulin for the food you eat, exercise, illness amongst other things.........

it geared towards a multiple daily injection regime, which your not on, but may be good to at least get some information on it, if its available.......

you may even decide to come over to the dark side.............;)

cath_heidi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well it's always good to get new information I guess and I've tried multiple daily injections and it made me ill, my doctors are always trying to convince me to change my regime but I don't want to just get

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's why DAFNE is good as you learn how to do it properly in a class with other diabetics....its no good doing MDI without at least the basics sussed out.....

Changed my life....

cath_heidi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very true! But I think it's best for me to just get all the information on everything before making my decision

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Some great advice by Novorapidboi.

Basal/bolus isn't for everyone and if you are happy on twice daily injections (and have good diabetes control) then there's no reasons to change things, personally I find the flexibility of basal/bolus suits my lifestyle and would never go back to twice daily, but like most things with diabetes.........there's no one size fits all.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You've already had a lot of good advice. If you are in the UK, then strips will be free on prescription as you are on insulin. Yes, the Basal/Bolus regime where you have two different insulins and pens gives the best control but you need at least 3 injections per day and possibly 4 or even 5; I have 3 normally. The smallest needle is 4mm which I use; I'm quite thin. The amount of insulin you inject will depend on your weight. It's always better to keep weight and hence insulin down to minimise lumps