Insurance For Pump

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A lot of people, myself included, have just added it on to their home content insurance.....

there are companies out there though, which I am unfamiliar with unfortunately....

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Contact your insurance agent who has your house. Add it as a listed item on that policy.

If you don’t own your home, add the pump as a listed item to your renters insurance policy. It can be insured there too.

To list it, they are going to need all of the information about the device, including the serial number.

Reactions: Rowlandadams

Tonto73

Put it on your home / contents insurance as a named item and make sure it is covered for home and away ( not the TV series - just for accident / loss out of your home - cheaper than a separate Pollicy).

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Need advice on good company for insurance for my boy's new pump please
Most home insurance covers medical equipment up to 4 or 5 thousand pound so shouldn't need additional. Either check your policy or give them a ring and ask. You might have to name it for it to be covered etc.
Mine cost me nothing extra and didn't need to be named

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The main issue with home insurance is the time to replace, if your prepared to wait weeks then go for home if you want it replaced within 24hrs then go for pump specific insurance. If you do place it on your home insurance make sure its named clearly and make sure its covered out of the home too.

I have pump specific insurance for mine.

There are a few pump specific insurance companies like https://insurance4insulinpumps.co.uk/