1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Interesting article on vitamin d3

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by Linagirl, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Oh @Linagirl wow! You must be reeling. So sorry to hear this. When do you discover which variant you have?

And does this mean that the RH you experience is a result of this condition? Or is it a different thing?
    Do you have any good links on it, save you having to explain.
    I really feel for you.

Hug!

(And yes, thank you, am fine!)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

Hi @Linagirl

Maybe now you can sort out what is going on.
    I hope you can explain the condition more as I'm always interested in rare conditions similar to RH.
    I'm sure to a certain degree we RH ers are carb intolerant to some extent and I've found that the description is usually easier than trying to explain to people how RH does to our bodies.
    I've read the line that is a bit anxious for you that carb intolerance can cause neural problems. Well, RH does cause some nasty neurological problems if we don't have it under control. I know I went through my own personal hypo hell.
    There is a medical consensus that lack of carbs can cause this, were, if you read through our problems, it's worse if you do.
    I would really talk to your endocrinologist about how to proceed.
    Keep us informed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kaz261

Kaz261 Reactive hypoglycemia · Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this Emma. Must feel like another blow .

I've just read a little about it but must say it sounds awfully complicated and confusing.

What lead your Doctor to test for it? It sounds as though it is very rare.

I hope you get some answers soon.

Sending you hugs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi Lina,
    I am so sorry to hear you have a potentially complex condition. No doubt you are in a very good area to get the latest and best treatment. I hope it is less of a problem than you think and the problem becomes the key to getting blood glucose stability.
    God bless you.
    warm regards
    Derek

• Like Like x 4
  5. Linagirl

Linagirl Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Thank you all. I'm not too upset about it as I'm not even sure I have the condition yet but I have a gene variance which shows it is in my genome. I have printed the results and sent them to the consultant and I'm sure he will see me soon. I did a genome test through 23andnme and it came up through this. The good news is no predisposition to Alzheimer's Parkinson's or breast/ovarian cancer so it's not all bad. I just want to understand what this means for me and my family in terms of being careful not to pass it through the generations.

Thanks for all your wArm wishes.

Will see what links I can find xx

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. Linagirl

• Like Like x 2
  7. Linagirl

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook