Interesting finding re libre placement

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having initially found the system v good but then getting wild inaccuracies and multiple straight out of the box sensor failures, culminating in an allergic reaction and v poor adhesion I ran out of both faith and patience with the Freestyle Libre system.
I was left with several sensors that Abbot said they would not refund on, despite them being 6 months before their use by date, and which I had no interest in simply getting replacements for when/ if they failed again - so I decided to experiment. I applied the first to my upper thigh ( right thigh, a couple of inches down, front facing but toward the RHS) and got a completely different result which I thought may be of interest / use to others
It has stayed on for the full 14 days, has always been within 0.5mmol of a finger prick test and although there has been some itching its been nothing like as bad as when I was using them on my arm and the lump has gone down within 24 hours of removing it as opposed to taking nearly a week on my arm
Maybe this is a “rogue” sensor that works well or maybe the alternative placement site has made the difference - Ill persevere with the other sensors Ive got left and see if the difference persists, but I still wont be purchasing any more once these are gone

Last edited: