Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

Sandra_W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders, Snakes, Exercise, Ignorant people, Non serious diabetics. Being told that "You can't eat that"
Hi, I'm Sandra, 62 yrs old, diagnosed Type 1 on 14th birthday, so 48 yrs, and hoping to get the 50 yr medal. I've never liked diabetes (doesn't deserve a Capital letter) and have lived my life controlling it and not letting it control me. Parents were told I wouldn't see 30..... From diabetes, I now have neuropathy in feet, and also have Peripheral Arterial Disease meaning the 'Y' where the aorta splits down the legs is totally blocked, and after angioplasty failed, and waiting 20 odd years, was told it was too much of a risk for bypass so I have very poor mobility. I also have the pleasure of Stage 2 COPD and am a breast cancer survivor of 15 yrs.
I live in an ex mining village just outside Coventry UK. I was a mad cow before they diagnosed the disease! Got a really dirty sense of humour, can see something funny in the most evil situations which isn't good! I love the good old Rock music, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and now addicted to Phil Collins, but also love Tamla Motown, Glenn Miller, virtually everything except, Opera, Classical and Rap. I rarely watch TV tho it's always on for company, but spend a lot of time on PC, Microsoft of course and love creating things on there, whether written, drawn, or designed. The only movies I watch again and again are the Harry Potter ones, so no particular faves
I also create pastel pet portraits and acrylic paintings, make everyone's greeting cards, Photography and editing photos, restoring and colouring old BW photos, like pottering in the garden. Motorsport of all kinds(used to be an MSA Environmental Scrutineer)
Mad on cars, and driving. and of course an antique Computer nerd
What more can I tell you? Well I've recently been nagged by Consultant to do a Carb counting course, which I fought against, after all, what could they teach me after 48 yrs of DIY. But have enjoyed it, good crowd of people and good to meet others with the same problems. Discovered I wasn't such a bad diabetic as I thought I was. My biggest problem is that the Consultant who'd never seen me before (having been absent from hospitals for over 40 years) decided that my hypo awareness has fallen due to the length of time I've had it, so looking for some ideas on how to recover this. I sometimes, but not always, aren't aware of a hypo till I'm down to 1.7, which isn't good, . Although my argument is that I am aware, just putting off treating it cus I'm busy with something! so any advice given would be gratefully received

steveyp

Include a photo here if you wish to. You wouldn’t like that!
- What is your name? Tracey
- How old are you? 53 on 9 Feb. Happy birthday to me… As someone else said, old enough to know better!
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? England
- Which city/area do you live in? The Midlands
- Are you religious? No there’s too much evil in the world to have faith
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Optimistic Calm Outgoing. Some would say bossy
- Do you have any pets? 2 dogs: a black Tibetan Terrier who thinks she’s the boss around here. She and Hubby and they’re both wrong! Also a Tibetan mixed with Lhasa Apso and some Cairn in there too. He’s small with tons of thick hair.
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Swimming Badminton. I want to find a dance class. Not sure which type yet.
- Do you get angry easily? No I’d look for the reason behind what people say and do.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Just ears these days. And that’s all I’m saying.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. I tend to like songs rather than artistes.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Heart FM ish and 50/s 60s
- What is your favourite flag? The Union Jack/Flag. And I know if it's upside down. Go Me
- Ever gone camping? Caravanning is the nearest I’ve got. We bought a huge tent once but sold it without using it. I’m posh now we use B&Bs and guest houses.
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No, stories of streaks and orange results put me off.
- Which countries have you visited? Scotland, Wales (?) Ireland, France Italy and Amsterdam so 6 if you allow wales and I've seen Germany from the inside of Munich airport.
- Favourite city? Rome by a mile but Cork gets and honourable mention
- List your five favourite TV programmes. I love Say Yes To The Dress, Corrie, Greys Anatomy. Any home/diy programmes.
- List your five favourite films. Jungle Book, Fantastic Beasts… at the moment. My inner child loves these.
- Are you wealthy? I have a nice life and a wonderful small family so yes.
- Do you work? If so, as what? Teacher. On a good day I teach maths to excluded teenagers.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Open University is the absolute best way to study. Maths ICT and Child Development
- What do you like most about yourself? That I’ve worked hard to get where I am.
- What do you like least about yourself? I don’t do enough for charity.

Reactions: Prem51

LIBrown55

This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?

Have fun!
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

Hello, I'm Linda and I live in the USA. It's very early here and I found this site researching side joint and pain side affects using Lantus. I'm experiencing some joint pain right now but I will be back and share more about myself.

Daveyboy1972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
-
Hi I'm Dave 44 I live in st helens Merseyside I love playing golf when I can also I like everton Fc I'm single people say I'm a funny guy I have been diagnosed recently with type 2 diabetes so I'm hoping to be able to cope and live a normal life and meet similar folks

Reactions: Lorraine deer

LIBrown55

Hello my name is Linda. I live in the USA in the state of Georgia. I'm a mature single woman with four children, one adult son who lives in LA. I adopted three children from foster care who are now 8, 12 and 14 years of age. I've had them since they were babies. I'm a full fledge stay-at-home mompreneur, advocate and writer.

My spiritual belife's -- I'm a born again Christ follower, some say Christian, while others say believers. I say I love the Lord with all my heart and enjoy my intimate relationship with God.

I enjoy cooking which keeps me in hock with my BS & BP levels as a type ll diabetic. I enjoy gourmet meals with wine and bread making though lately I have become bored with food.

I have a BA in Art History and missed completing a minor in writing. I have a few things published and currently working on a book and ebook though raising three special needs children in the 21st century has proven to be very challenging.

I am a TBI survivor of mild bilateral brain injury, diagnoised with fibromyalgia and arthritis. Currently I'm taking lantus, 15 mg, and questioning the joint pain connection which brought me to this website.

There's loads to share but I hope this gives a little insight about who I am. I look forward to settling in and learning, sharing and forming meaningful fellowship with all.

See you around.

Reactions: Lorraine deer

Gordan72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I'm Gordan from Croatia ... I was diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes several years ago and since then I try to take control (with more or less success).
My main problem is to accept fact that I have chronic disease, and that is reason why when I jump from control to usual "not-in-control" behaviour. But I think that now thing are serious and I think it is time to change it ...

So, let see questions .. I answered on easy questions only :)
- What is your name?
Gordan
- How old are you?
M
Croatia
- Are you religious?
No
Friendly, open to people and new things, Introvert
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Google :)
Martial arts (boxing, Krav Maga)
No
No
Pink Floyd, Rammstein, Joy Division, The Stranglers, Cocteau Twins
Rock, classics
- Ever gone camping?
Yes
- Ever been in love?
Yes, more times
- Ever used fake tan?
No
Switzerland, UK, Italy, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary, Slovenia, Germany
- Favourite city?
Dubrovnik
Star Wars (all films), Dollar trilogy (S. Leone), The Godfather I and II, Once upon a time in America, Vertigo
- Are you wealthy?
No (Middle class)
Yes, market research
Psychology, chemistry

Reactions: miszu

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
- What is your name? George
- How old are you? 44
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? New Zealand
- Which city/area do you live in? Auckland
- Are you religious? Yes - Orthodox Christian
- Pick three words to describe your personality. loyal, flexible, studious
- Do you have any pets? 1 rabbit
- Microsoft or Apple? Apple
- Do you get angry easily? Sometimes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Arashi
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Pop
- Ever been in love? Still am
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, New Caledonia, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Russia.
- Favourite city? Ichikawa.
- Are you wealthy? Lol
- Do you work? If so, as what? Teacher
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Anthropology

Reactions: Freema

lonrobbie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, just joined so thought I would answer some questions:
- What is your name?
Rob
- How old are you?
Male
UK
Iver, Buckinghamshire
- Are you religious?
No
Funny, friendly, helpful
- Do you have any pets?
Yes, cats
- Microsoft or Apple?
Apple
Watching Snooker if I'm feeling tired - sends me right off!
No, I'm quite patient - most of the time...
Tattoos, both upper arms, centre of shoulder blades
P!NK, Rag N Bone Man, The Common Linnets, Sia, David Bowie
I don't have a favourite, I like it all
The Union Flag of course!
- Ever gone camping?
Yes, many times
- Ever been in love?
Yes, many times
- Ever used fake tan?
No
Denmark, France (Paris, many times), Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany (lived there for over 3 years), Cyprus (lived there for a year), Ascension Island (lived there for 18 months), Afghanistan (6 months), Oman.
- Favourite city?
Paris
This is us, Silent Witness, Bake Off, Holby, Grand Designs
Genevieve, Battle of Britain, Twister (about the storms, not the game!!), Top Gun, Zulu
- Are you wealthy?
I do ok ta
After leaving the RAF having served 22 years in 2014 due to Type 1 Diabetes (medical discharge) I set myself up as a local Handyman. My Father has Vascular Dementia in an advanced stage so I needed to be self employed in order to help my Mother look after him.
I did very well at Art but don't really do it now. I do create things in miniature though and have had a couple of my projects in 1:12 scale published in a magazine.
I'm very helpful
My intolerance of selfish people, especially when it comes to those who buy cars that don't have indicators fitted!!

Other stuff about me:
I laugh a lot, at many things. Sometimes I went for long periods not laughing, life hasn't been kind and losing a very good career at the age of 39 (thats when I got Type 1) was only one of these things.
I'm gay but I have 2 children aged 22 and 21 and I'm also a Grandfather!
I like classic cars and currently own a 1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500, I also drive a Porsche Boxster S oh, and my Vauxhall Combo work van!
I'm green fingered and I grow my own potato's, onions, carrots, runner beans, cabbage and tomato's.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here goes

- What is your name?
Eve

Britain

South Yorkshire

- Are you religious?
Yes. Christian. Evangelical Non-Conformist (New Frontiers)

Inquisitive. Friendly. Knowledgeable.

- Do you have any pets?
No - beloved Max died last year (see profile pic) - will be looking around animal shelters next year

- Microsoft or Apple?
Apple if I had the money

Play none - serious spectator of tennis

Not often

Ears pierced

Cliff Richard
Shadows
Simon Goodall
Van Morrison
Eva Cassidy

Anything before 1980

- Ever gone camping?
Many times

Portugal, France, Germany and Spain. Australia via Dubai in the pipeline.

- Favourite city?
London

Home and Away
Castle
Casualty
Holby City
Grey's Anatomy

Groundhog Day
Love Actually
Lord of the Rings series
Harry Potter series
The Great Escape

- Are you wealthy?
Comparatively compared to many in underdeveloped countries - in the first world not really.

Yes. If I tell you I will have to kill you! Seriously I can't talk about my work but absolutely love my job :)

Trained as a radiotherapy radiographer so anatomy, physiology and radiation physics.
Gained a 1st class honours degree in my mid 40s in Learning, Teaching and Research.

Pretty happy with myself. :)

Reactions: helga_t75

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

- What is your name? Claire

- How old are you? 41

- Which country are you from? UK

- Which city/area do you live in? Ballyhaunis, County Mayo, Ireland

- Are you religious? No

- Pick three words to describe your personality. Independent, inquisitive, calm

- Do you have any pets? I live on a smallholding. One dog, 3 cats, 7 hens, a rooster, 4 runner ducks, a nanny goat and 2 hives of bees. Arguably not all of those are actual "pets", but then I'm not sure a snake is either. I don't have a snake.

- Microsoft or Apple? Meh

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Sailing

- Do you get angry easily? No, but I can fester.

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Yes.

- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Only 5? Madonna, Fink, Pearl Jam, Sigur Ros, Credence Clearwater Revival.

- What would you say your favourite music genre is? House

- What is your favourite flag? Never really thought about it

- Ever gone camping? Yes. I'm living in a caravan while I renovate a cottage.... so I kind of live camping.

- Ever been in love? Yes

- Ever used fake tan? Yes, not for a while tho.

- Which countries have you visited? Australia, New Zealand, USA, Thailand, Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Switzerland, France, Germany, Netherlands,Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Tunisia, Ireland

- Favourite city? London

- List your five favourite TV programmes. I don't watch TV

- List your five favourite films. Withnail & I, Donnie Darko, Fear and Loathing in LasVegas, The Beach,

- Are you wealthy? Depends how you classify wealth... I have lots of time to do the things that I want to do.

- Do you work? If so, as what? Bit of this and that... "Entrepreneur"

- List the subjects you study/have studied. Law, Information Systems Analysis, Permaculture

- What do you like most about yourself? Optimistic

- What do you like least about yourself? I don't suffer fools :-/

Susanne1412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
- What is your name? My name is Susan
- How old are you? Im 36
- Are you male or female? Im a female
- Which country are you from? the Netherlands
- Which city/area do you live in? Rotterdam
- Are you religious? Nope
- Pick three words to describe your personality. kind, sweet, loyal
- Do you have any pets? no
- Microsoft or Apple? microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? yoga
- Do you get angry easily? not really
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? on my hip, my shoulder and wrist
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Avenged sevenfold, the Script, Muse, 21 Pilots and everything in between
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? everything except classical
- What is your favourite flag? the dutch flag..
- Ever gone camping? when I was a kid
- Ever been in love? yup
- Ever used fake tan? a spray tan no, but from a tanning bed yes
- Which countries have you visited? Australia, USA, Hong kong, Most countries in Europe, Fiji, Brasil, Egypt
- Favourite city? uhmmmmmm Just one????? London
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Greys anatomy, Hawaii five o, Game of thrones, Amazing race, Big bang theory, walking dead
- List your five favourite films. Lord of the rings, Charlie and the chocolate factory (the Tim Burton one), Forrest Gump, Tangled and uhmmmmmmmmmm so many more
- Are you wealthy? nope
- Do you work? If so, as what? I work as a project administrator.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Not that much ;)
- What do you like most about yourself? im almost always cheerful, adventurous.
- What do you like least about yourself? impatient

Reactions: MsMelis and Prem51

MsMelis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Include a photo here if you wish to:
There -- You've got one to the left!
- What is your name? Melissa
- How old are you? Mid-50s
- Which country are you from? Born in the US, live in the UK
- Which city/area do you live in? London
- Are you religious? Yes
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Hum... (does indecisive count??) Funny, outgoing, witty
- Do you have any pets? A cat, who owns me btw.
- Microsoft or Apple? Apple all the way
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Bowling
- Do you get angry easily? Yes, and I cool down quickly and then forget about it
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Pierced ears and thinking about a tattoo
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Billy Joel, Moby, Bread, Erykah Badu, Talking Heads
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Jazz/Electronic
- What is your favourite flag? Well, the Japenese flag is nice and clear for a start!
- Ever gone camping? Yes, many times
- Ever been in love? Certainly
- Ever used fake tan? Never
- Which countries have you visited? Quite a few
- Favourite city? New Orleans
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Prefer books but I've got a secret love for First Dates
- List your five favourite films. Independence Day, Cloverfield, Star Wars, Harry Potter (see how I'm squeezing all those films in there?)
- Are you wealthy? Very sadly no
- Do you work? If so, as what? Educational Administration
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Business
- What do you like most about yourself? My tenacity
- What do you like least about yourself? I'm pleased to say I can't think of much.

JDEAN34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey folks! new to this forum, was diagnosed with type 1 just over a year ago. Here's my answers!

Me on the right with my old man on the left :)

14369898_684343478386736_5879710820017988008_n.jpg

- What is your name?
John Dean

- How old are you?
I'm 25

Male

From Bonny Scotland!

From a small border town called Hawick

- Are you religious?
No

Outgoing, Energetic and a little crazy

- Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment, arguing with the landlord to get a dog and train it for Diabetes.

- Microsoft or Apple?
Apple

Where do i start! Very keen motorcycle racer, current Scottish superbike champion, Currently it's a hobby but i would love to make it my lifelong career. In my spare time i either do motocross, BMX, Mountainbiking, Boxing or some MMA from time to time.

It can depend, normally i can get angry very quickly but cool down quick too.

Have 4 tattoo's, Race number (34) on my left wrist, Initials on right wrist, Nirvana face on inner left ankle and scorpio symbol on my inner right ankle. also have both my ear's stretched to 10mm.

Enter Shikari
Bring Me The Horzion
Sum 41
A Day To Remember
Motorhead

Metal and Rock and Roll

Scottish!

- Ever gone camping?
Yeah, Currently building a 1994 Volkswagen T4 Camper Van.

- Ever been in love?
Currently :)

- Ever used fake tan?
Tanned my thigh before for a dare, then realised my palms had also tanned

Scotland (obviously)
England
Wales
Northern Ireland
Netherlands
Not travelled outside the UK much, for now!

- Favourite city?
Edinburgh and Glasgow a close second.

Blindspot
The Tunnel
The Walking Dead
Friends
Family Guy

Days of Thunder
Dale and Tucker VS Evil
TT: Closer to the edge
Road
Biker Boys

- Are you wealthy?
Just your average joe. works hard and plays even harder.

Metal Fabricator.

Just your basic High school subjects. walked out when i was 15.

Hard to say, its not something i think about!

Having Type 1 Diabetes! but hey, it is what it is.

Thank you for taking the time to read this bit about me, speak soon!

Kirst78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, I have just joined the forum so I thought this post is the best place to start :)
I was diagnosed as type 1 just before christmas last year (not what I put on my letter to Santa I can assure you!). Not sure what else to add, so I will answer those questions that are going around instead :)

- What is your name? Kirsty
- How old are you? 38
- Which country are you from? UK - I'm an Edinburgh lass, but been living in England for the last 12 years
- Which city/area do you live in? Midlands
- Are you religious? Yes - but not christianity
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Quirky, stubborn, honest
- Do you have any pets? Yes, a russian dwarf hamster. I would love to have a cat again but the landlady won't allow it :(
- Microsoft or Apple? Whatever works
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? I enjoy watching rugby, darts, curling and ice skating but don't play any
- Do you get angry easily? It depends - if it is in the driving sense then no, if it is dealing with homophobes/small minded people then yes, my fiesty side comes out to play
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? 3 tattoo's currently - a triquetra on my upper arm, the Scottish flag on my ankle and a rune on my inner wrist. I was waiting for my 4th tat just before diagnosis so that's now on hold until I know if I am ok to get it done - planning to discuss this with the nurses at my next clinic appointment. My ears are pierced, but I haven't worn earrings in years so they may be closed up by now, haven't checked.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. I really can't pick just 5, but the most played on my ipod lately is Within Temptation, Pink, Steps, Adele, Evanescence
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Depends on what mood I am in but I will listen to almost anything except blues, jazz, or house music (which alas my neighbour likes to play very loudly)
- What is your favourite flag? Scottish! Can't beat seeing that flag as I cross the border from England to my homeland :) Although I was born in Wales, so I do have a soft spot for the Welsh flag too
- Ever gone camping? Yes - I used to be in guiding so camped a lot, but haven't done so for a few years
- Ever been in love? Yes, a few years ago now though and not sure it will happen again, but who knows what the future holds
- Ever used fake tan? Yes and it was a disaster! A friend bribed me and we both looked like we were badly tango'd :)
- Which countries have you visited? Not as many as I would like! The UK of course, Switzerland, and the USA (Florida and San Diego). New Zealand and New York are on my bucket list
- Favourite city? Edinburgh
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Hard to choose but I would say Game of Thrones, Stargate SG1, NCIS, Lost, Buffy/Angel
- List your five favourite films. Ugh so many! I have more than 5 but my top ones are Harry Potter (yup, I love all things HP :)), The Hobbit/LOTR (I am counting those 6 films as 1 choice because they belong together!), Underworld, Imagine Me & You, Top Gun
- Are you wealthy? I would say no if you mean rich and not having to worry about money. But I have a roof over my head, I can pay my bills and buy food, so I have wealth enough to live - although I would not say no to a pay rise or a lottery win!
- Do you work? If so, as what? I recently moved from working in oncology to joining a legal team
- What do you like most about yourself? My quirkyness - it makes life more interesting and it makes my friends laugh
- What do you like least about yourself? My weight, but that's a work in progress that is just on hold until this settle a bit

Last edited:

jenaphina

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I'm Christine, 65 and live in Hampshire. Just diagnosed about 2 weeks ago and have been very up and down since then. HbA1c was 83 then 88 a month later so now on Metformin and struggling to get up to 4 tabs a day without feeling rough and icky. Been keeping the cars down but no weight loss yet! Thanks to advice on here I've bought a monitor and feel a bit more in control.

Reactions: azure

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @jenaphina - Welcome Christine to the Forum. I will tag @daisy1 who will provide you with some basic information that all new members receive on joining the Forum :)

bernardleo

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Anything Sweet
;)
Include a photo here if you wish to:
There -- This is Me on the left!
- What is your name? Bernard Leonardoth
- How old are you? 47
- Which country are you from? Born in the Singapore, lives in UK
- Which city/area do you live in? London
- Are you religious? Buddhist
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Cheerful, Patient & Determined
- Do you have any pets? A Dog - Jack Russell
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Bowling, Swimming, Badminton
- Do you get angry easily? NO ... I tried very much to control my temper because its not good to feel angry
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No
- List your five favourite musicians/bands... Richard Clayderman, Kenny Roger ... thats all
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Piano
- What is your favourite flag? Korea ... Like sending wave signals
- Ever gone camping? Yes, but have not done that for a long time ...
- Ever been in love? & Married
- Ever used fake tan? Never
- Which countries have you visited? Quite a long list ... Europe, Scanndinnivia, New Zealand, Japan, USA, China, Hong Kong, oops its getting too long ... etc..
- Favourite city? Norway
- List your five favourite TV programmes. UK Got Talent, USA Got Talent, China Voice ... I don't watch TV alot though ...
- List your five favourite films. Harry Potter , Batman, Spiderman, Dogs, Cinderella
- Are you wealthy? I am Healthy ... am I considered Wealthy...?
- Do you work? If so, as what? Interior Design Consultant
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Business Accountancy, Arts
- What do you like most about yourself? My Patience
- What do you like least about yourself? I'm too kind which could be my weakness

Bigman49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Girls and Boys,
The usual info is below and I am Type 2 for around 6 years or so. Specsavers found it during a routine eye examination. Controlled by diet for the first 3 years but the weight kept slowly increasing so I was put on meds which have also slowly increased. Looked at the low carb eating plan two weeks ago and started myself off with it. Saw the practice nurse and she agreed with it. Here we are, 5 pounds lighter and glucose levels down into single figures although still higher than I would like them to be. I feel a lot better in myself and now never feel hungry which makes a great change.
- Include a photo here if you wish to. I will when I work out how to add one although it may crack your screens!
- What is your name? Bill
- How old are you? 68
- Which country are you from? England UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Durham
- Are you religious? 50/50 but I do believe in a higher entity.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Easy going, Inquisitive and straight talking. (I know it is not 3 LoL!)
- Do you have any pets? No
- Microsoft or Apple? Old Microsoft, I do not like I-pads or 4G phones much.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? I take part in fishing and Clay shooting
- Do you get angry easily? No.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Never felt the need to decorate my body.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Moody Blues, Eric Clapton, John Denver, Rod Stewart and Alabama
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Country rock
- What is your favourite flag? St George
- Ever gone camping? Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt, polished the car with it then thrown it away!
- Ever been in love? Yes and still am.
- Ever used fake tan? No, I tan easily.
- Which countries have you visited? Too many to mention
- Favourite city? Minneapolis St Pauls ( the Twin cities).
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Time team, Any history programme or true nature programme. News and Weather.
- List your five favourite films. Not really a film guy.
- Are you wealthy? Hell no!
- Do you work? If so, as what? Retired for the last two years.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Machine Safety Engineering, Electrical engineering, local history, ballistics and woodworking
- What do you like most about yourself? I have had and still have, a thirst for knowledge and experiences
- What do you like least about yourself? so much to learn and so little time left to do it.

Have fun!
There are those that know, then there are those that think they know: then there are those that don't know that what they think they know they don't know!

Last edited:

Growyourflow

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!
I am simply an individual whose family has a history of diabetes in it. I have been diagnosed as prediabetic and I am looking for management tools that I can employee now besides diet besides exercise may help going forward