- Which city/area do you live in?
Pembrokeshire

- Are you religious?
No

- Do you have any pets?
No

- Microsoft or Apple?
No

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
None

- Do you get angry easily?
No

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
No

- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Most music from 80s

- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
80s

- What is your favourite flag?
Don't have a favourite

- Ever gone camping?
Yes

- Ever been in love?
Yes

- Ever used fake tan?
No

- Which countries have you visited?
South Africa, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Scotland, Ireland

- Favourite city?
Don't like cities but Cardiff is probably most bearable for a while

- List your five favourite TV programmes.
Anything educational, sci-fi

- List your five favourite films.
No real favourites

- Are you wealthy?
Ha-ha!

- Do you work? If so, as what?
Too many health issues to deal with at the moment. Previously computer engineer.

- List the subjects you study/have studied.
Draughtmanship, electronics, car audio, IT, mechanics, carpentry, fitting & turning, mechanotechnics, materials & properties of metals, electrical regulations BS7671, PAT testing & management, physics, various customer services and carer courses.

- What do you like most about yourself?
Pass

- What do you like least about yourself?
Pass

Reactions: Prem51

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I’m new to this forum. My name is Khushi, and I live in Dubai. I’m 14, but was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was 5 years old. I’m really excited to be part of such a wonderful Diabetes community!!!
Welcome Khushi.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, my name is Pete and I live in Staffordshire, diagnosed type 2 in March after my annual well man tests. Put on metformin and statins and left high and dry. Tried to get on Desmond course but surgery never heard of it. Any knowledge gained is off internet, managed to lose bit of weight by cutting out bread and potatoes, oh and sugar in tea with great reluctance, hate sweeteners. Would be great to have any advice.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
- What is your name? Saskia is my screen name
-How old are you? 65
- Which country are you from? US
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Intuitive introvert, ailurophile
- Do you have any pets? Yes. A cat.
- Microsoft or Apple? Neither. Chromebook. :)
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? I used to ride and swim when I had access to stables and pools/lakes/ocean
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Classical or classic rock depending on the day
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? England, France, Germany, Switzerland
- Favourite city? London
- List your five favourite films. Animal Crackers, Christmas in Connecticut/Love Actually, Meatballs, Shane, The Wrong Box
- Are you wealthy? Not monetarily
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Aviation Management, French, German, Library Service
- What do you like most about yourself? Cats and horses like me. I am musical.
- What do you like least about yourself? Too bored to make much effort to get un-bored.

Hi New to the forum, had a shock 5 weeks ago with very high Hb1c and doctor wanted to put me on insulin. Told him to give me two months and we will see! Well 5 weeks in my weight has dropped from 106.1kg to 92.2kg. Blood pressure tablets have gone, resting heart dropped from 90 to 68. Blood pressure from 150/90 to 122/62. And I feel fantastic. Stopped taking 4 metformin tablets just taking 2 Zircon. Big thanks to Professor Roy Taylor of Newcastle Uni, 800cal three shakes a day and 1 small salad, soup or stir fry is working for me.

paspa2.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Paspa2 screen name. I am 72,feel like 40.im from Scotland. Glass half full optimistic and happy . No pets and use Microsoft. I used to play badminton, TT, (worked with kids for 25 years so lots of exercise. Not really into music but would say classical. Camping.... A lot when my kids were small.

Robin_T

- Include a photo here if you wish to.

Maybe later

- What is your name?

Robin Taylor (Mr.)

- How old are you?

- Are you male or female?

Male

- Which country are you from?

England but now living in the US, Update NY

- Which city/area do you live in?

The Mid-Hudson Valley Upstate NY

- Are you religious?

No and if I believed in some creator it would be more Feminine than Masculine, but I have seen nothing to support the existence of 'a creator'

- Pick three words to describe your personality.

Obsessive,
Anti-Authoritarian,
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
INTP

- Do you have any pets?

5 Cats!

- Microsoft or Apple?

Both, work in IT. :)
Mainly use Windows 7 (8 sucked and 10 is good but too much MS spyware)

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?

Do you count Smite? lol

- Do you get angry easily?

Depends if my blood sugar is high!

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?

No

- List your five favourite musicians/bands.

Kate Bush
Happy Rhodes
Tori Amos
Siouxsie Sioux
Bauhaus

- What would you say your favourite music genre is?

-

- What is your favourite flag?

The Union Jack!

- Ever gone camping?

No

- Ever been in love?

Yes, I love my Wife!

- Ever used fake tan?

Hell No!

- Which countries have you visited?

Egypt, France, I live most of my life in the industrial 'Black County' and now I line in the US.

- Favourite city?

None

- List your five favourite TV programmes.

Star Trek
Dr Who (original)
Peaky Blinders
Sense8
Breaking Bad

- List your five favourite films.

Ex-Machina
The Fifth Element
V for Vendetta
The Matrix
The Life of Brian

- Are you wealthy?

No!

- Do you work? If so, as what?

I work in IT

- List the subjects you study/have studied.

Academically Electrical and electronic engineering and C++ programming.
Lots of IT stuff...
Photography since I was 11
A little genetics and neurology.
Enough Mechanics to keep our cars running.

- What do you like most about yourself?

My problem solving ability
The fact I have and A1C of 5.3 with no drugs, just diet and a little exercise.

- What do you like least about yourself?

Diabetes!! Makes me snappy (High) or nervous (low) and general interferes with my life

Hi BTW!

Best regards,

Robin

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free

Hi everyone, mine is Rick, Richard if I've done something wrong. I was diagnosed type 2 around April, I only went in with a cough and came out with high BP and type 2. Although this is my first post I have been following this forum for a while now and it generally leaves me in two states, either miserable "Oh my gosh I've been eating tons of that and it's full of carbs". Or ecstatic " Wow, that is totally carb free get me down to Tesco's NOW", but you have helped me lose two and a half stone and feel awake again, well you and the metformin anyway so cheers folks, and thanks for all the advice I've gleened from all your knowledgable posters.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Rick
- How old are you? Hanging on to 57
- Are you male or female? male
- Which country are you from? UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Nottingham
- Are you religious? Methodist, its similar to C of E but without the incense.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Easily pleased, easy going, gets drunk quickly.
- Do you have any pets? Lost my dog two years ago too heartbreaking to have another and go through that again.
- Microsoft or Apple? Both
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Football Rugby Cricket, and tormenting grandkids.
- Do you get angry easily? No, too negative.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Nope
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Warren Zevon, Stripes ,Foos, Bob, Floyd, Bay City Rollers.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Mixed
- What is your favourite flag? Jolly Roger
- Ever gone camping? A few years ago I helped out on a D of E weekend, I'll never ever camp again
- Ever been in love? Just the once.
- Ever used fake tan? No, but I nearly got my freckles to join together in 1976
- Which countries have you visited? Lots in Europe
- Favourite city? Krakow
- List your five favourite TV programmes. QI, HIGNFY, The Sky at Night, Horizon, The Sweeney.
- List your five favourite films. Any action films, no chick flicks.
- Are you wealthy? Hah
- Do you work? If so, as what? Sparky
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Too many overpriced electrical courses.
- What do you like most about yourself? Now that's a difficult one to answer.
- What do you like least about yourself? A lack of social skills, I cant do small talk.

Have fun!

Reactions: Prem51

Helixrider

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone, I am Anthony Tam and I live in Singapore. I’m 60 and Christian by faith. I was diagnosed with T2 in 2008 and am on insulin Apidra and Lantaus Solostar to manage my diabetes. I was taken off oral meds ( metformin ) due to kidney failure, right now at 28% kidney function. It has been difficult managing my HbA1C as I find myself hungry all the time. It doesn’t help that I’m also an Inflight Manager with the country’s airline and I’ve been doing this for the past 40 years. As an international crew I don’t have regular meals but eat when hungry. My diabetes doctor frowns on a low or no carb diet saying that it will be a strain on my kidneys. I wonder if anyone else is in the same situation I’m in and can offer some insight. Thanks.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone, I am Anthony Tam and I live in Singapore. I’m 60 and Christian by faith. I was diagnosed with T2 in 2008 and am on insulin Apidra and Lantaus Solostar to manage my diabetes. I was taken off oral meds ( metformin ) due to kidney failure, right now at 28% kidney function. It has been difficult managing my HbA1C as I find myself hungry all the time. It doesn’t help that I’m also an Inflight Manager with the country’s airline and I’ve been doing this for the past 40 years. As an international crew I don’t have regular meals but eat when hungry. My diabetes doctor frowns on a low or no carb diet saying that it will be a strain on my kidneys. I wonder if anyone else is in the same situation I’m in and can offer some insight. Thanks.

I hope this helps -

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

AJ1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm AJ
I have just had my annual Hba1c test and it came back at 50 mmol/l and have to have repeat bloods on 29 August. I will let you when I get the results back. The last test was back within 24 hours. I have been having issues with my feet for around 9 months with ingrowing toenails and a low grade infection within the toe and also I having issues with infections taking ages to heal.

I also have Spina Bifida Occulta, fibromyalgia, multiple allergies with some could kill me and many other conditions. I have recently turned 47. I am a wheelchair user due to issues with SBO and Fibromyalgia. I have also got FCH which is to do with cholesterol and lipids disorder which i got from my father. I am due to move into a new home in November which will suit my needs better than my current home. I take a large amount of medications to treat all my conditions around 23 pills a day. Looks like that will grow. I am allergic aspirin and many other pain medications. I am planning to get another dog when i move to be trained as my service dog to help with practical tasks and also i am thinking about training him to detect my glucose levels as I have had issues with hypos's getting down to 3.2mmol/l but when I have rice or pasta glucose levels in the mid teens up to 18 mmol/l and don't drop down for 4 hours to around 6 or 7 mmol/l.

Reactions: Knikki

Silkroad77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

Okay then, I've been type 1 Diabetic since I was 9 :shifty::shifty::shifty:

Well to be honest I have seen it as a curse-that I became Diabetic when I was 9-but such is life.

I am 41 years old and from South East England.

Well I've not been very good at monitoring my blood sugar levels, or going for the annual check-up!

I know the above is terrible, but from what I can remember, I was sort of traumatised by a not very nice Doctor, when I used to go with my parents-to have the check-ups.
He was impolite, arrogant, rude, full of himself, sarcastic-but obviously in a nasty way, and just didn't seem to care much about me.
Bearing in mind I was 9 at the time-what an attitude to have towards a girl who's recently been diagnosed with Type 1!
The way he talked to us, was like we weren't worth his time.
He was also actually nasty-in that he'd sit with his legs wide open, whenever my Mother used to come with me-so much so that she always asked me Dad to go with me-and this behaviour was due to him being full of himself-and basically a nasty person!

Anyhow I am sort of cursed in another way, in that I have a VERY SWEET TOOTH lol!

I prefer to talk about favourite music genres-as not very good at favourite bands:
Psychedelic 60's
60's Garage
80's electronic
Electronic
Folk/indie
Classical sometimes.

Yeah I've been to a number of countries in Europe, and only 2 in Asia.
I'd love to someday visit the Caucuses and Central Asia, not to mention the Canadian Rockies!

Anyhow I've one or two (or more ) health issues, so am trying to look after myself better.

I have taken a supplement or two, to help with Diabetes, and am interested in taking some more natural medicine-NOT TO REPLACE MY INSULIN, of course, nor lower my insulin levels, but just to help along, and I am interested in trying out one r two more.
I have an interest in herbal medicine & aromatherapy for Diabetics, to take alongside their medication, however, the thing that really annoys me, is how little information there is-for type 1 Diabetics-regarding this.

Okay that's enough for now.
Glad I joined this forum-can talk to fellow Diabetics, and especially fellow Type 1's (sorry no offence to type 2-course I'd like to talk with you as well-but I'm assuming it's the same with you, as in for some things you cannot talk to Type 1 folks)

Reactions: Knikki