- Are you male or female? Female

- Which city/area do you live in? Cleveland Ohio

- Are you religious? a bit

- Do you have any pets? Yes

- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Billiards

- Do you get angry easily? Not really

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No

- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Westlife, Rhianna, Back street boys, Michael Jackson , Ed Sheeran

- What would you say your favourite music genre is? R n B. Not sure

- Ever gone camping? Yes

- Ever been in love? Yes, did not work out well.

- Ever used a fake tan? No

- Are you wealthy? Can't really say. I'm comfortable.

- Do you work? If so, as what? Naval officer

Kieranpm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad manners,
Hi Everyone, thought it best to say hello here!!

- What is your name?

Kieran

- How old are you?

- Are you male or female?

Male

- Which country are you from?

Ireland/England 50/50 :)

- Which city/area do you live in?

Surrey

- Do you have any pets?

2 Ragdoll cats, a big dog is next!

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?

Golf, swimming

- List your five favourite musicians/bands.

Jay Z, Nas, Bruce Springsteen, Gregory Porter, Melody Gardot, Kayne,

- What would you say your favourite music genre is?

HipHop

- Ever been in love?

Yep, engaged this year! :)

- Which countries have you visited?

Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Canada, U.S, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Holland, Italy, Dubai,

- List your five favourite TV programmes.

Community, The Office, Parks & Rec, Sopranos, The Walking Dead

- Do you work? If so, as what?

Head of Strategy at a start-up
Chief of Staff at another tech business

- List the subjects you study/have studied.

History- BA + general interest
Art
Economics/Business (Executive educational courses)
Diabetes

Reactions: Antje77

Simes2112

- Include a photo here if you wish to. - see my avatar
- What is your name? Simon
- How old are you? 62
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Nottingham
- Are you religious? Yes, I am a Christian
- Pick three words to describe your personality. I am told that I am kind, generous and caring
- Microsoft or Apple? Apple
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Football
- Do you get angry easily? Yes, sometimes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? 2 tattoos - upper outer left arm, right inner forearm, left ear piercing
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Rush, Sarah McLachlan, Roxette, Metallica, Heart
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Rock/Pop
- What is your favourite flag? Pride
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? US, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy
- Favourite city? Stockholm
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Breaking Bad, Spooks, Gavin & Stacey, Porridge, The Americans
- List your five favourite films. Highlander, Top Gun, About Time, John Wick, Law Abiding Citizen
- Are you wealthy? Not at all
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes, Business Consultant
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Computer Science and Theology
- What do you like most about yourself? My intelligence
- What do you like least about yourself? My perfectionism

Cobwebs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bossy or pompous people.
- What is your name?

Hazel

- How old are you?

- Are you male or female?

Female last time I looked.

- Which country are you from?

UK
- Which city/area do you live in?

I don't live in or near a city, I live in mid Cornwall, 10 miles from the North coast and 10 miles from the South coast.

- Are you religious? Yes, I am a Christian

More spiritual than religious. I believe in God but don't go to church.

- Pick three words to describe your personality.

Friendly, funny and kind.

- Do you have any pets?

I have a crazy little dog, she's half dachshund and half jack Russell. She loves chasing tractors and planes. I also have a big fluffy cat who was 15 last month.

- Microsoft or Apple?

Apple of course!

- Ever gone camping?

Years ago yes, wasn't that keen and definitely wouldn't want to spend more than 5 minutes in a tent these days.

- Favourite city?

Paris, so full of history.

- Are you wealthy?

Extremely wealthy but not in money. I have everything I need and save for anything I want if I don't have any spare cash to splash.

- Do you work?

No I don't work any more, I'm retired and don't know how I fitted everything into one day when I did work.

- List the subjects you study/have studied.

I have all the RSA Secretarial certificates, Secretarial duties, Copy typing I, II, and III, Audio typing I, II, and III, plus shorthand 140 wpm, computer word processing (remember that?) and computer programming and some other computer qualifications. 2 A levels in English for Biz and Professional Use, English Language, 7 GCSE's; English lit, English lang, History, Geography, Biology, Common Core Science, Maths.

What do you like about yourself.

I make friends easily and have a great sense of humour.

What do you like least about yourself

I'm a bit set in my ways having lived alone for the last 17yrs. So I must have some aggravating habits.

72BACDE7-70ED-49EB-89B5-D65A8AE1E6E9.jpeg

Last edited:

TomJames

Hello Everyone! :)
My name is Tom, I am 22 and male. I am an MSc Health Psychology student from Newcastle. I have a cat called Bubbles. My favourite city is London but I really want to go to New York! My favourite TV shows are Schitts Creek, Friends, Modern Family, You and Line of Duty. As mentioned, I have previously studied Psychology for my undergraduate degree and I am now completing my Master's degree in Health Psychology.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My name is Tom, I am 22 and male. I am an MSc Health Psychology student from Newcastle. I have a cat called Bubbles. My favourite city is London but I really want to go to New York! My favourite TV shows are Schitts Creek, Friends, Modern Family, You and Line of Duty. As mentioned, I have previously studied Psychology for my undergraduate degree and I am now completing my Master's degree in Health Psychology.
Hi @TomJames , welcome!
Do you have diabetes as well?
Say hello to Bubbles!

Cla!r24

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness, cruelty, slow internet
Hi
I'm Clair, 40 yr old wife and mum. I live in Derbyshire UK. Type 1 for about 18 years. Also have UAT, Fibromyalgia, CFS, Neuropathy and recently diagnosed with Charcot {lucky me}. I have a stubborn Shitzu called Gizmo and a grumpy rabbit called Nibbles.
I found this forum by chance as im losing the will to live with this lovely condition. Very stressed and fed up with bs not behaving. I lost my mum 8 years ago and my dad a year ago. Life has been tough but ive come through it all the other side!
I have 6 tattoos, adore P!nk and love music. I love the beach but am scared of water lol {cant swim}. I am a qualified chef and spent 6 years at catering college and university.
Look forward to meeting new people on here hopefully.x

BridgetF

Hello. I am 73 years old and in excellent health. I was diagnosed with type 1.5 diabetes when I was 32 years old. I was treated at the Joslin Clinic in Boston, Ma. They specialize in Diabetes. I will always be indebted to them as the education they provided I believe has enabled me to remain in good health all of these years. I am looking forward to learning from all of the members and the site.

Lrlp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Lauren
- How old are you? 30
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? England Originally
- Which city/area do you live in? Wales
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Caring, empathetic, friendly (most of the time lol)
- Microsoft or Apple? Neither
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? No sports but I like walking.
- Do you get angry easily? No
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Ear piercings, Monroe piercing, fair few tattoos everywhere lol
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Queen, Morgan wallen, Chris stapleton, pink and Tina Turner.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? I don't have a favourite. I like most.
- What is your favourite flag? Not really thought about it lol
- Ever gone camping? Yep, hate it.
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? Yes and it's awful.
- Which countries have you visited? Not many. I'm a home bird lol. Scotland was nice to visit though.
- Favourite city? None because I don't like cities.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. I don't have a favourite but I'm currently getting through the walking dead series.
- List your five favourite films. The green Mile, how to lose a guy in 10 days, warhorse, lion King re make and the greatest showman.
- Are you wealthy? I wish lol but I'm not poor.
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes I do cleaning mainly at various places and I'm a personal assistant dor an elderly man.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Art and design and photography.
- What do you like most about yourself? Nothing
- What do you like least about yourself? Everything

Maja_UofS

Hi everyone,

My name is Maja and I’m an MSc Health Psychology student from Scotland. I’m currently researching how online diabetes support forums, such as this one, can be used to promote empowerment and self-management for those with type 2 diabetes. I will be posting an advertisement on the type 2 diabetes section shortly.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to take part!

Maja_UofS

Hi everyone,

My name is Maja and I’m an MSc Health Psychology student from Scotland. I’m currently researching how online diabetes support forums, such as this one, can be used to promote empowerment and self-management for those with type 2 diabetes. I will be posting an advertisement on the type 2 diabetes section shortly.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to take part!

Happy to answer any questions or provide more details regarding the study, please feel free to private message me!

valann

Hi Everyone, I'm Valann and live in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, UK. Although I'm new to this forum I have had type 2 diabetes for about 12/13 years but still don't know much about it. After saying that I have learned more about this condition in the past few days reading posts here than I have since first diagnosed. I shall be 72 later this month, I live with my husband of 47 years and love nearly all types of music, enjoy watching films and container gardening. Although we don't have any pets ourselves any more we do look after our sons dog Luna who is a tad crazy. I also have a few other chronic conditions, COPD, ASTHMA, IBD, IBS, Chronis Arthritis in my spine and most joints so am registered disabled and often use a wheelchair which doesn't help the diabetes. Moved here 4 years ago and told not to use a blood sugar meter and that I couldn't have anymore test strips etc as they are not reliable, so now my diabetes is not so good and they want to put me on more tables and maybe an injectable??? Feeling very confused to say the least.
Anyway looking forward to meeting people here and learning more. x

Squeebo84

Hi all my name is steve or stephen if uve been naughty! Im 37 and been a type 1 diabetic for the last 24 years (i think since i was 12 anyway).
Ive got a sick sense of humor but try not to offend anyone but thats getting harder these days.
I have a recent fiancee, a stepdaughter (but i never usually describe her as stepdaughter) who is 11 and a demon daughter aged 2 and half!

Ive decided to join this group as ive always always struggled with my diabetes and never had any real control over it, my last hba1c come through as 80 or 80 something last week and something tweeked in my head that i need to sort my life out.
Reading through various articles and different pages online and it feels as though im starting out new as none of it makes sense anymore and i feel a bit lost in all the information thats out there as there wasnt this much when i was just starting.
Im considering a insulin pump but not sure if its right for me and ive been told by my docter a few years ago that i dont fit the criteria (i dont have control of my diabetes).
I aslo work in construction and not sure if wires would get in the way??

Ummmmm ive gone on for while now so ill leave it there, looking forward to a lot of reading and learning and hopefully you guys and gals on here will help me a little along the way.
Nice one.

Awiiiiin

Hi my name is awin and I'm really confused and concerned about my condition I'm 18years old and 3 months ago I learned that I was diagnosed with diabetes but the type is still unknown because they don't do the mody test in my country.I feel so lonely and I feel like no one understands after all I'm still thankful and positive about it . I learned just right before my exams I'm a senior