Introduction, diagnosed as LADA

malmihdar

So I have been diagnosed with LADA. I am 41, male, 6'2" and I had recently lost quite a bit of weight right before I was diagnosed. My HbA1c level was 11.7% when I was diagnosed in Oct 2018. I have an upcoming blood work in February and I will be asking to check my c-peptide levels as well. Apparently this was not done before and seems to be important. I have been in good control of my BG numbers with a few low's here and there some highs but nothing above 200 since I have managed my numbers. I am on NovoMix 30 twice a day, currently on 12 units.

Last edited:

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
So I have been diagnosed with LADA. I am 41, male, 6'2" and I had recently lost quite a bit of weight right before I was diagnosed. My HbA1c level was 11.7% when I was diagnosed in Oct 2018. I have an upcoming blood work in February and I will be asking to check my c-peptide levels as well. Apparently this was not done before and seems to be important. I have been in good control of my BG numbers with a few low's here and there some highs but nothing above 200 since I have managed my numbers. I am on NovoMix 30 twice a day, currently on 12 units.
Hello, my situation is very similar although I am younger. I had a hba1c in diagnosis of 103. I had the GAD and peptide tests done and they found I have low peptide but no antibodies so now they are confused with whether it is LADY/MODY/T2.

Just wanted to let you know the GAD and peptide tests took white a while to come back so be prepared to wait :).

Hope you get everything sorted soon!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well at least you have been diagnosed as LADA. Many GPs just get it wrong and label it as T2. Your c-peptide will probably show a low reading and will go further down over time. You may well be in the honeymoon period. As your insulin production goes down you need to ask to be changed to the Basal/Bolus regime which means 2 insulins and 4 to 5 injections but provides the best control.