Is garlic butter good for diabetics?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is well within the normal parameters of what a type two can eat - from a carb point of view - just I would not touch it as I can't stand garlic.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a diabetic and garlic butter makes me very happy, which is good for me, so yes! And it doesn't have a lot of carbs, so it won't hurt my diabetes eiter :)
Google says about 1 grams of carbs per clove, so if I mix 5 cloves with 250 grams of butter it's about 2 grams per 100 grams garlic butter. I won't eat 100 grams of it in one sitting, so the carbs from garlic butter in one meal is neglectable.

What do you use to put your carlic butter on? If it's anything like bread, toast or crackers it might push your sugar up.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
IMO, it's not an issue at all. On a fillet steak, perfect

Reactions: Lily1042

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, I see you only just joined and this is your first post, so a belated welcome to the forum, @Tony313 ! I'll tag @daisy1 for you for her very informative welcoming post, she'll post in on this thread as soon as she's on line.
Could you tell us some more about yourself and your diabetes?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I agreed to go for dinner with someone from the polytechnic, who'd been wanting to date me for ages.
He told me that he'd be cooking beef with garlic - and I told him I didn't eat garlic.
"You'll love it." he said.
"No I won't." I replied.
Got to the door, and the place stunk of garlic.
I drank coffee, he ate beef with garlic, I could not touch it. He was indignant, I shrugged and said I had to go. He persuaded me to another cup of coffee.
I said I had to go and get something to eat. I got up. He tried to kiss me, and I threw up all over him, all over everything. I think he finally believed what I told him

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make garlic bread using fathead dough. It's wonderful!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Groan - I am going to have to stop reading this thread.....

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I agreed to go for dinner with someone from the polytechnic, who'd been wanting to date me for ages.
He told me that he'd be cooking beef with garlic - and I told him I didn't eat garlic.
"You'll love it." he said.
"No I won't." I replied.
Got to the door, and the place stunk of garlic.
I drank coffee, he ate beef with garlic, I could not touch it. He was indignant, I shrugged and said I had to go. He persuaded me to another cup of coffee.
I said I had to go and get something to eat. I got up. He tried to kiss me, and I threw up all over him, all over everything. I think he finally believed what I told him
So sad it will never work out between us...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make a very acceptable coriander and garlic ‘naan’ bread to eat with curry using crushed garlic mashed into butter with a sprinkle of dried coriander, spread it on a Josephs low carb pitta, then grill for a couple of minutes. Lovely with a curry :hungry:

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does have an almond taste. You can make it with coconut flour but I haven't tried it yet.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I’m confused by this fathead dough. So can you taste the almond? It uses almond flour?
No funny enough. I use fathead dough to make sausage rolls. They turned out better than pastry ones

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It does have an almond taste. You can make it with coconut flour but I haven't tried it yet.
Strange as I can hardly taste the Almond flour, now the coconut one I can, seems more sweet

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I make a very acceptable coriander and garlic ‘naan’ bread to eat with curry using crushed garlic mashed into butter with a sprinkle of dried coriander, spread it on a Josephs low carb pitta, then grill for a couple of minutes. Lovely with a curry :hungry:
Just goes to show. I tried Joseph's Pitta and it spiked my SL's