Is it bad for me

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Every single day I eat 2 Burgers 4 Sausages Fried Egg and Fried Mushrooms, also I have sugar free Jelly with Double Cream Or Mixed Berries with Double Cream. Surely this can't be Healthy, all low carb but lots of Fat.

Reactions: rosa22

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stay away from things regarded as healthy - I am sure they are dangerous.
The research which linked fat consumption to heart disease is a bit questionable, as it was done on rabbits, and the same results were not found on other animals which were not herbivorous, so - as Humans are omnivorous and have been eating meat for a long time, I suspect we are well adapted to eating fat.

Reactions: Ultramum

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you measure your blood sugar? If so what does your meter show
Where are you buying the food? are you cooking yourself or buying it out?
I'd beware of burgers and sausages unless they are very high meat content as they can have all sorts of carby fillers.
The whole "fat gives you heart disease" hypothesis has been fairly well debunked.

Reactions: rosa22 and Ultramum
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Every single day I eat 2 Burgers 4 Sausages Fried Egg and Fried Mushrooms, also I have sugar free Jelly with Double Cream Or Mixed Berries with Double Cream. Surely this can't be Healthy, all low carb but lots of Fat.
Providing you take the bun from the burger and throw it in the bin then I find your diet ideal.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't believe eating the same thing every day is good for anyone and I would be severely constipated on what you eat. So I need good hefty portions of veg - which I love.

Plenty of delicious low carb alternative foods out there - including a myriad of fresh veg, saladings, herbs, spices, etc.

Regarding processed meats, I eat high quality bacon once or twice a week, and 97% meat sausages once a week or so. But I make my own burgers (minced steak, onion, a few seasonings) and avoid any burgers when out in cafes and restaurents - but then I am gluten free, and it just isn't worth the 'risk'. Likewise sausages.

Reactions: miriamy

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
It always amazes me the difference in the amount of carbs in sausages - its staggering just how much! I love Aldi's bacon chops - seriously tasty!

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you measure your blood sugar? If so what does your meter show
Where are you buying the food? are you cooking yourself or buying it out?
I'd beware of burgers and sausages unless they are very high meat content as they can have all sorts of carby fillers.
The whole "fat gives you heart disease" hypothesis has been fairly well debunked.

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always check carb content on sausages and burgers no buns, asda extra special chipolatas and iceland 0 carb burgers, all good that way just fat content of everything i eat which i wonder about, sugars are spot on with this diet. I also cook my eggs and mushrooms in sunflower oil, all other food done in the oven

Reactions: Serena51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd personally use butter rather than sunflower oil for the eggs andd mushrooms but apart from that if you feel ok then go for it.. If your sugars are well controlled then it's working for you.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always check carb content on sausages and burgers no buns, asda extra special chipolatas and iceland 0 carb burgers, all good that way just fat content of everything i eat which i wonder about, sugars are spot on with this diet. I also cook my eggs and mushrooms in sunflower oil, all other food done in the oven

Sunflower oil is unhealthy. Nasty stuff. Use butter or cold pressed rapeseed oil (which is expensive)

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunflower oil is unhealthy. Nasty stuff. Use butter or cold pressed rapeseed oil (which is expensive)
Is extra virgin olive oil acceptable?

I like to fry my bacon in butter but prefer oil for eggs and have been using EVO oil for a while.

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd personally use butter rather than sunflower oil for the eggs andd mushrooms but apart from that if you feel ok then go for it.. If your sugars are well controlled then it's working for you.
Any particular type of butter?

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also have a salad most days (lettuce cucumber tomato ham and cheese). I am assuming the double cream and sugar free jelly is ok to have everyday?

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also have a salad most days (lettuce cucumber tomato ham and cheese). I am assuming the double cream and sugar free jelly is ok to have everyday?
Yes, double cream is part of my staple diet... I need plenty of it to maintain weight in the absence of carbs.... Plenty of calories so use diligently if weight is an issue. I have around 100ml a day at close to 500 cals.

Reactions: kevkevkev

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have lots of double cream in my breakfast coffee and occasionally with a few berries as a dessert.