Is it just me?

Billietobin

Hey everyone,
Is it just me or when we have very hot weathers that my diabetes levels become very high and I normally start to become feeing very light-headed.
I've always found it hard to control my diabetes but even at this time of night I'm struggling to sleep that I recon I will be awake all night (once again!) I have missed out on sleep for 2 days now and have also found it hard to bring my sugar levels back down again. I'm in a place where I'm not comfortable at the moment so I cannot just go out and have a jog to bring them down, I'm also late and have become getting very depressed and stressed out.
May someone give me advice
Thank you x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

charon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try jogging on the spot indoors or get a skipping rope. I find that just sit ups help too.
I've found my bg is about 1.0 up since the hot weather started but suspect that might be due to the test strips so false readings. I've asked if anyone else has seen this but not had a response yet.
I think probably not being able to exercise is your underlying problem.

charon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try jogging on the spot indoors or get a skipping rope. I find that just sit ups help too.
I've found my bg is about 1.0 up since the hot weather started but suspect that might be due to the test strips so false readings. I've asked if anyone else has seen this but not had a response yet.
I think probably not being able to exercise is your underlying problem.

Since being diagnosed and losing a stone in weight I seem to cope with the heat ok - it used to be a problem.

Billietobin

I've have been diabetic for 13years and still haven't controlled it yet and still struggling now I normally do sit ups at night before I go to bed and go out for jogs during the day then end up going for bike rides so I keep my self active but I'm just finding it hard at the moment. Thanks for the help any way