Is it over? Infinity!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you are not aware, and it is deja vue. China is locking down because the recent variant of covid has become too much for their health service.
I only mention this because my surgery was closed last week, due to every doctor, nurse and all but two reception and office staff, all had our new variant that was sweeping my local area.
Also, the last variant also swept through our area.
Those who were tested, 99% were positive, which according to any data led trial, would be really unusual and scrutinised for inaccuracies, and probably be abandoned.
There is a local health probe, so far, that the authority is concerned about staffing levels, ward closure including ICU. Appointments of all types, surgical or outpatients, day wards, and more importantly A&E. Because we don't have an alternative for over ten miles. And ambulance services are at an all-time record low.
The number of patients of long covid has doubled then trebled. The lack of GPs, has impacted on all the health care in our area. The number of vacancies has trebled with very few applicants, in all departments.
It is final!y happening!
The crunch is here, the NHS is in very serious trouble. It cannot and will not cope with the amount of patients needing critical care. Already the number of patients dying due to the impact of this crisis is mounting, because the lack of actual people on the front line!
Then you factor in the number of covid related deaths (mentioned on death certificates) has hit record levels. Higher these last two weeks than at any time since the lockdowns started.
The health Secretary department has been notified and any number of possible outcomes including the army taking part in assisting the hospitals and surgeries! Or just ignoring everything! Or bringing in retired health staff again, referring appointments, and so on!
And from a report that was issued, from the IOS, that the rate of deaths per thousand, is higher than anywhere in China or the states, Mexico, or for that matter higher than any country in the world!

I wonder if at any time soon, when nothing more within the NHS can be done! And the hospitals cannot treat any more patients! And the surgeries are full of desperate patients, no appointments, no care!
And an ambulance took nine hours to respond to a neighbour who died three weeks ago, in the early hours of the night!
He was dying anyway, but nine hours! The coroner was first to arrive!
Or another child with vomiting and a fever wouldn't get an ambulance, and was advised to get a lift off a family member or neighbours or taxi to get the child to hospital! Another was advised to be taken to another hospital miles away!
There is a joke doing the rounds, don't get ill!

This is actually happening in this country!

Our government was asked by an MP, if the government could promise to help war torn countries rebuild the devastation caused!
My mind, being cynical, is why help any rebuild, especially as this government is destroying this country!I

And it won't be in any papers or on television, or mentioned in the commons.
And the NHS are our heroes, and the government is spending record amounts on the service!
And it is still vastly not enough to rescue it!
And, if only, the government could recoup the billions wasted during the past two years, that would be a start!
But no matter how much money, there is nowhere near enough staff in this country. We once again, need help from overseas for our health service!

And it can only get worse!

Is it over?

Not on your nelly! It is worse!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Good job the good old fashioned low tech polio vaccine wasn't like this aye?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Update!

Went to hospital for out patient appointment
Also doctors for appointment and bloods.
My local hospital has reopened a fifth ward for covid. This is the second in the last four weeks!M
My surgery other than a receptionist and nurse was empty. All other staff are off because of covid. Second time in the last few weeks that my surgery has practically closed.

Another interesting thing about the recent WHO report published this week, that the countries who are the richest, despite the vaccines, performed the worst against the poorer countries who didn't have the vaccine numbers to protect them, especially in Africa (other than South Africa) and in asia!

Interpret it how you like!
Something to do with the government response and more importantly the preparedness of those countries health services.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I've been saying for ages the most vaccinated nations have the worst numbers for covid infections the least vaccinated countries have the least load on their societies be it work school hospital admissions.
Make of that what you will.