Is it possible to still eat desserts sometimes?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whereas I'm not even sure if the OP is a Type1, he (or she) has posted asking about T1 stuff and T2 stuff, but never referred to themselves having diabetes. Would be useful if the poster could clarify :)

The OP has only made 4 posts on the forum so far (he made all of them 5 days ago, on the day he joined, and has not logged in since then). In all but one post he mentions that he has a friend, recently diagnosed with T2, and is asking for a better understanding of how things will be for his friend.

Hopefully he will return to read the threads he started, and give a little more information.

Reactions: Jaylee

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now I don't see it as 'injecting extra insulin', what I try to do is balance my insulin with what I eat so if what I eat requires more insulin then that's the balance, the objective being to emulate a normal pancreas. I do dislike this notion that the amount of insulin one uses is somehow good or bad notwithstanding of course that it is all about the balance you're able to achieve and remain healthy. x
I was reacting to the way that the OP phrased the question rather than wanting to send a message to all type ones. Some see balance as being able to adjust and others appear to regard not needing to make adjustments as their target.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was reacting to the way that the OP phrased the question rather than wanting to send a message to all type ones. Some see balance as being able to adjust and others appear to regard not needing to make adjustments as their target.

Of course. I was simply reacting to your post.