Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I still wear a mask in shops and on public transport

Most folk up here do

When I was in Liverpool recently I was shocked that so many folk didn’t bother.

I felt like the odd one out

Went on the metro line to New Brighton wearing my mask a few did bother but the vast majority didn’t

Infection and death rates too bloody high it’s time to make it mandatory in my own humble opinion

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The problem we have around Merseyside is we have a tendency to not believe anything that the Tory government say!
It was no surprise that overall in Merseyside, the vote was remain.
The reason, everything that has been done to upgrade the whole area was paid for by the EU.

You visited my old stomping ground, it's a pity you can't see where New Brighton f.c. used to be at the Tower ground.
On the seafront, all the new bars, hotels, shops, cafes and the lake by the lighthouse, were built on or nearby the old open air swimming pool. And obviously funded by the EU.
It's the same here, masks have disappeared, just some old people going the shops.
This is why I started the thread, because, they are not interested in bad news, only the jab! Which is now under scrutiny and everyone needs a booster.
And there is still five million adults, still not vaccinated.
Covid jab centres are disappearing. We only have one in my town on one floor of a medical building, when it was the whole building.

I've got to wait another month to get my booster. But I had my flu jab last week.
The wife has had both already.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
The problem we have around Merseyside is we have a tendency to not believe anything that the Tory government say!
It was no surprise that overall in Merseyside, the vote was remain.
The reason, everything that has been done to upgrade the whole area was paid for by the EU.

You visited my old stomping ground, it's a pity you can't see where New Brighton f.c. used to be at the Tower ground.
On the seafront, all the new bars, hotels, shops, cafes and the lake by the lighthouse, were built on or nearby the old open air swimming pool. And obviously funded by the EU.
It's the same here, masks have disappeared, just some old people going the shops.
This is why I started the thread, because, they are not interested in bad news, only the jab! Which is now under scrutiny and everyone needs a booster.
And there is still five million adults, still not vaccinated.
Covid jab centres are disappearing. We only have one in my town on one floor of a medical building, when it was the whole building.

I've got to wait another month to get my booster. But I had my flu jab last week.
The wife has had both already.

I’ve seen old photos of New Brighton Tower FC & New Brighton FC when they had league status

And the Tower looked impressive such a shame it’s gone

I think the government in England have got policy wrong and I think easing of restrictions will bite them on the ****

Over the border is much stricter

Wearing a mask to me makes sense I mean I’m actually exempt from having to wear one but I choose to do so and will continue to do so until I feel safe not to do so

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can remember very vaguely going to the Tower grounds on a few occasions.
The first was to watch NBFC around 1960. The actual ground was huge because of a concrete circuit originally built as a cycle race track. The changing room was about fifty yards from the pitch, and the access was up a back entry, the turnstiles were there as well. The road leading to the ground was called Molyneux Drive.
But the Tower was built alongside the football ground and housed the ballroom and function rooms. I was there for a children's television show, but we never had a television til 68. The tower grounds was a fairground, full of the old style of ways to take your money off you while pretending it to be entertainment! A boating lake, figure eight switch back rollercoaster. Bingo, arcade, and of course refreshments.
In 1971, I played in the last youth football final on the pitch before being ripped up, when stock car racing took over, the football club went elsewhere.. Got beat 1-0.
The fire tore through the grounds, everything closed down in the fairground leaving the club house and the pitch and changing rooms. Within the next year of the fire, only the football pitch survived until 1971. By the nineties, it became a housing project. There is nothing left of it since.
There is still a football team that plays in the West Cheshire league, but the standard is very poor.

As I have said before, this government is about the market and nowt else. Money and profit come before actual the people who voted for them.
Even with the jab, they are still not listening or learning anything from the previous waves. Or the science right in front of them, they waited with their thumbs up their ****, until it was too late every wave, hoping and praying that it would go away, so the resources could be used for the business of business.

Over the border in Wales, is much stricter as well. There is a lot of work around the Chester, Ellesmere Port and Teesside, North Wales area. And quite a few people I know work at Broughton, were they make wings for aircraft.

I agree with the point about masks, it was by my reckoning three to four months too late , to adopt wearing them.

Keep safe.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I live over the border in North Wales and it isn't strict at all.
Last year the police were marching people off the beaches and even mountains but this year they seem to have given up.
The seaside arcades are full of people without masks as are the beaches.

Reactions: Lamont D