1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Is low blood glucose the only concern?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by millenium, Dec 2, 2019.

1. millenium

millenium Carer · Well-Known Member

When one watch the carb intake very carefully but ate lots of fats and protein, will he has higher risk of high blood triglyceride and protein byproducts in the blood?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

That hasn't happened to me.

My last trig score was 0.78, the one before 0.75 and the one before 0.73.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tophat1900

Tophat1900 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

I'd imagine if that were the case we'd of died off as a species along time ago and wouldn't be having this conversation. I eat a lot of fats and protein and very little in the way of carbs and my trigs are consistently around 0.9 to 1.0

• Like Like x 1
  4. millenium

So maybe not a problem for most people. So carb is what we should mainly focus on. Fat and amino acids may depend less on action of insulin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

My triglycerides fell once I started low carb plus extra fats - lower every time it has been tested. My liver function tests improved too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · BANNED

Is low blood glucose the only concern?
    No. High blood pressure and obesity are also of concern and treatable with a lower carb higher fat approach. Often they respond in conjunction with one another to reduced carb dieting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tophat1900

Tophat1900 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Blood pressure is very important. I think it is worth while having a blood pressure machine at home for testing whenever you feel the need to. I test mine from time to time. Quite convenient to have one I find.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

well as individual as we all are.....

my trigs halved using LCHF
    and buy FAT i mean, rind on bacon, fat on steaks, butter on veg, A generous drizzle of double cream on my lo carb jelly..Kinda fats.

not done me any harm that way.

interesting Video under my sig, if your interested in just what trigs can and do do, when we low carb.
    https://www.crossfit.com/essentials/its-the-insulin-resistance-stupid-part-1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. millenium

Definitely blood pressure and also heart rate. When the resting readings of these two are high, it may spell that a stroke or heart attack is near.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook