Is there an app that you can put your blood glucose levels down.

jarandhel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To use MySugr with MyNetDiary, you need to allow apple health to use MyNetDiary as the SOURCE for blood glucose. Once you have done that, values entered in MND will be mirrored in apple health.

In MySugr, go to the menu, select connections, and choose apple health as a connected “devices and apps”

All this assuming you are using an iphone. Apple health is not available on an ipad. I wouldnt know where to start on android.
The closest equivalent to Apple Health on an Android, that I'm aware of, is Google Fit. Sadly it does not track as many different types of Health information and has no option for tracking blood sugar. You can sync the Android versions of these two apps with it, but it will only record exercise information.

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
The closest equivalent to Apple Health on an Android, that I'm aware of, is Google Fit. Sadly it does not track as many different types of Health information and has no option for tracking blood sugar. You can sync the Android versions of these two apps with it, but it will only record exercise information.
Tim Cook(CEO of Apple) has personally worn prototypes for non-invasive CGM Apple Watch and is a fitness enthusiast himself, so Apple is probably the best proprietary bet for health management at this point, especially considering they manufacture 100% of the devices that run their applications so there is no need to support a multitude of devices like Android does.
That said, recently there has been ripples in the healthcare industry over in the US from the tech giants as well as Warren Buffet himself trying to make it more efficient and affordable, and with the rapid improvements to AI/ML that most recently got FDA approved diabetic retinopathy detection software, I think the next few years will have some very exciting developments in both analysis and detection as well as cheaper and better ways of monitoring health, such as aforementioned Apple Watch.
I have a personal dislike of Apple for ideological reasons, but if they get there first, I'll use it.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use CareSens Dual (free) which links to my phone via Bluetooth. It downloads instantly to its own app and has a wide range of graphs etc. My doc was impressed :)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
see the app I have written linked to a forum thread in my signature. It runs on your PC and is free and you keep the data

I have just tried your PC application for reading a graphing files from my codefree glucometer. Very fine indeed. Saves a lot of time compared with excel. Will definitely be using it the next time i need a graph for the docs. Thank you.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
you're welcome feel free to make suggestions/requests

jarandhel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One question for those who use the MySugr app - have any of you tried their subscription deal to receive a new bluetooth glucometer and "unlimited" test strips? If so, how has it worked out for you? Any strings attached or conditions on receiving those "unlimited" strips? I'm considering trying it myself, but I wanted to hear about others' experiences first.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you're welcome feel free to make suggestions/requests

I guess i could ask for anything, it would be the ability to change the range of the graph to a narrower range, like 3 to 9mmol for example. But it is great as is...thank you

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Canvaspic you do know you can drag a range in the graph with the mouse so if you drag from 3 to 9 that is what will be zoomed to. You can then use the scroll bar to whizz along the dates such as this graph
upload_2018-5-24_17-39-7.png

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
and this is the same with 7 day rolling average with tooltip of equiv HbA1c at one point.
upload_2018-5-24_17-42-45.png

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One question for those who use the MySugr app - have any of you tried their subscription deal to receive a new bluetooth glucometer and "unlimited" test strips? If so, how has it worked out for you? Any strings attached or conditions on receiving those "unlimited" strips? I'm considering trying it myself, but I wanted to hear about others' experiences first.
I checked this out here:
https://mysugr.com/us/bundle/?utm_s...paign=us-bundle&utm_content=bundle-photo-text
Not sure if it is available in the UK. I'd have to do some sums to decide whether it is a good deal or not. I guess at my present high rate of strip use it would be a good deal, but I keep hoping to test less in future.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)